Parking Liverpool Cruise Terminal - Help ?

My parents (elderly and blue badge holders) are going on Spirit next Wednesday from Liverpool and can get no definitive answer whatsoever about parking facilities - we have tried a shop and over the phone !!

Parking is included but Thomson cant tell me what the car park is called or how far away it is from the ship.....

Can anyone please help ???? anyone been on a cruise from Liverpool with Thomson and parked...?

Thanks

Found this online;

BY CAR

The Liverpool Cruise Terminal at Pier Head is located in the city centre at Princes Parade. The terminal is accessible by car and taxi and is located within the secure port facility next to the Liver Buildings and clearly identified ‘Liverpool Cruise Terminal’. The postcode for satnav users

is L3 1DL. Upon arrival at the port, have your Thomson Cruises documentation to hand and follow the instructions of the port staff who will direct you to the luggage drop area before parking your car.

• FREE secure off-site parking available. A shuttle bus will take you to the port. Reserve at the time of booking or call 0871 971 0533*.

Hi

Many thanks for that - we already have that but the number is unobtainable and Thomson shop says no shuttle bus that they are aware of :rolleyes:

Another Thomson phone line said go to ship to drop off then to car park - shop where booked said they had googled it (yes !!! Googled it !!) and go to car park then walk to ship. All well and good but they are both in mid 70's my mum needs a mobility scooter and has mild alzheimers..... I really want to get this sorted for them - we are in work so can't take them or we would.

Really disappointed with Thomson organisation on this.

there is a multi storey car park right across from the cruise terminal, but i'm not sure your mum will be able to walk it.

If you google map, the car park is right next to the Malmaison.

There is actually a cruise ship in dock the day google maps filmed, the car park is right in front of the ship next to the Crowne Plaza and Malmaison.

I pass this spot every day on the way to work, if you need any information relating to the area etc, please give me a shout.

try this link for google map of the terminal, when you are coming in, follow signs for IOM ferries.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.406448,-2.997201,3a,75y,294.74h,83.69t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5WrfgNjc-MEJhKtxf_mI-w!2e0?hl=en

Edited by Tony1878

We're on the same cruise and been having the same difficulties.

The Thomson shops say they can't deal with port parking at Liverpool.

The Thomson website says: • FREE secure off-site parking available. A shuttle bus will take you to the port. Reserve at the time of booking or call 0871 971 0533*.

When I emailed them they quoted the website and said it was free.

However when I phoned to book they say that we have to pay £63.

Very strange definition of the word FREE !!!

Certainly very expensive for one week.

We're on the same cruise and been having the same difficulties.

The Thomson shops say they can't deal with port parking at Liverpool.

The Thomson website says: • FREE secure off-site parking available. A shuttle bus will take you to the port. Reserve at the time of booking or call 0871 971 0533*.

When I emailed them they quoted the website and said it was free.

However when I phoned to book they say that we have to pay £63.

Very strange definition of the word FREE !!!

Certainly very expensive for one week.

Sounds a bit like the free all in. Someone paid £200 on the little bit extra here and little bit extra there after being granted free all in.

Just tried 0871 971 0533 for car parking again.

You queue for quite a while (10 p /min call). Had to choose ' cabin' option as there was no choice for parking.

Then they gave me a new phone number: 0844 871 0876 for parking.

Not able to tell me name of car park. I don't think they know any details. Said that it would be in the email they send me. Cost £63 for a week.

Despite numerous calls to Thomsons - they still don't get back to us with an answer re parking at Liverpool - the service re this is diabolical. So my elderly parents are having to 'hope' they can sort something on the day - not the most stress free way to start a holiday !!

i was just thinking about you today, I drove past the car park and terminal, what I did notice that I haven't seen before is a footbridge leading to where the ships berth.

I originally thought that your mum and dad would have to walk around a dock as you come out of the car park, this would have been quite a walk for someone with mobility problems.

The bridge goes over this dock and I would now estimate a walk of about a couple of hundred yards.

This of course is dependant on which car park Thomson are using, logic states that it will be the one closest to the ship, but hey we are talking about holiday companies here.

If you need someone to make sure they are ok or need a lift or anything, my office is only 5 - 10 mins away from the terminal dependant on traffic and I would be happy to assist.

Just PM me a message if I can do anything to help.

Tony,

I cant thank you enough for the time you have taken responding to me - and you must be the nicest bloke online !!! :)

I have spoken again to Thomsons you 'assure' me everything will be fine and there will be staff there to sort them out - so I am taking them at their word :) believe me if it turns out any different some heads will be ripped off afterwards :eek:

Tony,

I cant thank you enough for the time you have taken responding to me - and you must be the nicest bloke online !!! :)

I have spoken again to Thomsons you 'assure' me everything will be fine and there will be staff there to sort them out - so I am taking them at their word :) believe me if it turns out any different some heads will be ripped off afterwards :eek:

No problem, we are all here to help :)

We were in Liverpool overnight and thought we would check out the cruise port as we would like more cruising from the UK. (Unlike Thomsons who are giving up :rolleyes:)

We walked over that very bridge you mention Tony , at the side of the Crowne Plaza and was thinking it could be a bit of a hike for anyone infirm and with cases in tow

as well from that multi- story you show on the link Tony .

If I was CarrpeDiem's parents, I would drive round to the ships boarding Terminal on Princes Parade on the morning of departure as shown on Tonys other link (which shows a cruise ship berthed) as looking at the set up ,someone from Thomson should be there for assistance .

Had a walk to the end of the road that Tony shows in his first link and there is a big plot of land that Cruise Ports use for parking cars as well .

Still that would be too far for anyone infirm with luggage without assistance as well .

Hope you get real answers from Thomson soon .:)

Ps Liverpool waterfront is very smart now and was a pleasure to walk around and I hope to be back soon. Maybe on a ship next time :cool:;)

We're on the Spirit on Wed too. We had a drive around last week, mainly to check how secure the car park was and where it actually is. It is directly in front of the embarkation office so we were not too worried about it. Of course, there is a possibility that this could fill up and we'd have to use an alternative car park. However, the ship is sailing in from the Med and will have departed from Limmasol, I think, so most people disembarking will not have cars parked there. We're hoping this means that we shouldn't have too much difficulty.

BTW- when we went, there was no ship in dock and the secure car park was very secure, ie -: the gates were locked. It's made me wonder if anyone knows what time these gates would be unlocked. Looking at Tonys Google street view, there are a lot of cars queing up. I'd like to get there quite early, park up and go and have a bite to eat somewhere, providing the gates are unlocked early enough. Tony, can you recommend a nice place to eat? I know there are cafés in and around the terminal buildings but they are a bit " plasticky".

BTW- when we went, there was no ship in dock and the secure car park was very secure, ie -: the gates were locked. It's made me wonder if anyone knows what time these gates would be unlocked. Looking at Tonys Google street view, there are a lot of cars queing up. I'd like to get there quite early, park up and go and have a bite to eat somewhere, providing the gates are unlocked early enough. Tony, can you recommend a nice place to eat? I know there are cafés in and around the terminal buildings but they are a bit " plasticky".

Hi Jenn,

If you are looking for a clean and well cooked "brekkie", you cannot beat Maggie May's (L1 4HY), they also do a lunch menu but it is just nice home cooked, nothing fancy, very clean, food is hot and tasty, good pot of tea, it's on Bold St, not within walking distance though about 5-10 mins by car or cab (£3).

Delifonseca (L3 4BN) is a proper lunch menu, again good food, but again about 5-10 mins by car, this is just off Sephton St. Really nice lunch menu

The Crowne Plaza has a Brasserie, but i can't comment on how it is sorry.

Sorry i can't comment on anything nearer ie walking distance.

Don't worry about the google picture showing a queue of cars, it is mainly taxis, and i think the IOM ferry had just docked as they filmed, it's usually busy but moving if that makes sense.

Thanks for your info Tony. All helpful. Only 2 days to go, busy packing today. I do like the fact that we are not restricted by airline weights. Did someone mention that Thomson are not continuing with UK sailings. Would be a shame.

Despite numerous calls to Thomsons - they still don't get back to us with an answer re parking at Liverpool - the service re this is diabolical. So my elderly parents are having to 'hope' they can sort something on the day - not the most stress free way to start a holiday !!

Why not look in to something like Parkatmyhouse and see if the houseowner will transfer them to the ship and pick them up - that will save any issues

Popped down at lunch time to see the Spirit in the flesh as i have only been on Dream and Majesty.

A few queues outside the terminal building, it looks like it will be busy on board.

One thing they wouldn't have been doing today was fighting over the sunbeds, it was quite cold and windy, i expect the crossing on the irish sea will be interesting tonight.

Regarding the car parks, it was well signposted and manned with guys in hi-vis jackets, it looked like they were using the multi storey and the open car park in front of the ship, there was also a mini bus at the entrance to the ship so i guess that they were bussing people in from the terminal building if required.

All looked well organised, no traffic chaos or anything.