Good luau for young children?

EGCruisers

We will be on the POA with our children and six young grandchildren for our first visit to Hawaii. How long does a luau usually last? Some that I read about had comedians in addition to dancing, which doesn't sound appropriate for young children to me. Any suggestions for a child-friendly luau?

NCL has a Luau when in Kuaui That I believe is quite kid friendly with a ctivities for them.

Here is a link to NCL pg: https://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?qs=N%3D4294934627%2B4294908749%26Ne%3D8057%26Nr%3DAND%2528p_Record_Type%253ASF%252Cp_Shorex_Status%253AAVL%2529%26Nu%3Dp_Shorex_Package_Id

There is also 23 reviews attached to the excursion that you may want to read.

Have a look at the package that includes the train ride.

We have not done this luau but always do Old Lahaina Luau but don't know how friendly it is as we've never paid any attention to kids being there.

You can also call the luau's direct as they all have toll free #s.

Most Luau's are over by 8 to 8:30

We will be on the POA with our children and six young grandchildren for our first visit to Hawaii. How long does a luau usually last? Some that I read about had comedians in addition to dancing, which doesn't sound appropriate for young children to me. Any suggestions for a child-friendly luau?

There are two basic types of luaus here on Maui - those featuring the Hawaiian culture and those featuring a broader Pacific area. Would your grandchildren be in love with or in fear of a fire dancer, loud drum beating and wildly painted faces, etc.? If they like the more active approach, try a luau that encompasses the Pacific. If they like a softer approach, think a more Hawaiian luau. Comedians do not fit either picture here. If you haven't done so already, google Old Lahaina Luau and the Feast at Lele for more information and photos.

Even IF there is a comedian, it's not really risqué...no dirty language...maybe some innuendo that small kids won't "get"....nothing really to worry about.

A luau can take a couple hours....usually starts before sunset and continues into the dark.

After our POA cruise, we took our son to Paradise Cove (on Oahu) for their luau. It included a lot of kid friendly activities ahead of time, and the show was a good length for him. We were picked up at 4, and back at our hotel by 10 pm.

After our POA cruise, we took our son to Paradise Cove (on Oahu) for their luau. It included a lot of kid friendly activities ahead of time, and the show was a good length for him. We were picked up at 4, and back at our hotel by 10 pm.

We also enjoyed Paradise Cove https://www.paradisecove.com/ If you are spending anytime on Oahu pre or post cruise I highly recommend it. Months before our trip, I ordered an Entertainment Book for Hawaii from Amazon and it included a great coupon (25% off)--this one coupon saved us more than the book cost.