Naples with kids (2 and 4 years)

shay869

Hi,

I'm looking for attaraction or any idea what to do in Naples with 2 young kids during a cruise.

I'm intresting on short tour (by our own) in the city -not far from the cruise port.

Do you ave any suggestion what can we do?

I'd take them to Pompeii. It's already ruined, so not much they can do and very interesting for the adults. They can run around and explore there. My son really enjoyed it and he was about 6 at the time. He didn't care about the history but thought it was so much fun to explore. We went with a group, split off from them and then returned to the bus at the allocated time. I'm sure you could taxi there for a reasonable price with four people.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

There's lots in the area of the port, I just don't know how interesting it would be for young children.

There's Castel Nuovo, the big castle that faces the port. They might enjoy simply being in a castle.

There are the royal apartments at Palazzo Reale, but like the opera house (Teatro San Carlo) right next store I'm not sure how interesting it would be for kids.

You could walk to the funicolare centrale and ride that to the top of the hill, and walk from there to the overlook at Piazzale San Martino.

There are a lot of stairs to deal with for the underground tour (Napoli Sotterranea) but that might be fun.

There's also a park along the waterfront called Giardini del Molosiglio that has some small amusement rides for little children, that might be worth a visit. It's an easy half mile walk on sidewalks along the waterfront from the cruise port. On this map the cruise port is B and the park is A: http://www.napoliperquartiere.it/itinerari/dal-molosiglio-a-piazza-del-plebiscito/

Here's a list of the main sites from the city's web site: http://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/EN/IDPagina/17541