Queen Mary from San Pedro

I will be docking in San Pedro on a CA Coastal cruise and am looking at plans for the day. May visit the USS Iowa docked nearby but another option is a tour of the Queen Mary. I did this many years ago (so long ago it was when the Spruce Goose was next door) and before I got hooked on cruising. Would love to do it again now that I have sailed many times.

What is the best way to get over from the port of San Pedro? Obviously a taxi is the easiest but roughly how much would it cost one way? Any cheaper options? And would I have time to visit both or should I stick to an either/or choice.

It depends on how long your ship is docked in port for. Both the Queen Mary and the USS Iowa are a taxi ride away so you may have time to enjoy both tours. I hope you do!

As for alternative transportation methods, I'd say taking a taxi will be your cheapest and most convenient option. :)

I thought the USS Iowa was basically the same pier as Princess uses? It looks like less than a 1/2 mile walk along the waterfront. Is this not correct?

My concern was getting over to the Queen Mary and back

I thought the USS Iowa was basically the same pier as Princess uses? It looks like less than a 1/2 mile walk along the waterfront. Is this not correct?

My concern was getting over to the Queen Mary and back

You are correct. The USS Iowa shares the same parking lot as the cruise terminals. It is about 10 minutes from the terminal to the USS Iowa.

• 4 weeks later...
Taxi will be in the $20 range.

taxifarefinder.com.

Agreed. We have disembarked several times in San Pedro and taken a taxi to downtown Long Beach (Avis on Ocean Ave) to pick up a rental car. The cab fares are is always in the $20-range.

Thanks for your responses. A while back I discovered that we are not docking at the normal Princess location in San Pedro but at the Carnival pier in Long Beach right next to the Queen Mary since its only a port call for us. That's what I get for not looking at the itinerary more closely lol. Would have been a nice surprise when we docked and I looked out the cabin window,.