Grenada - there two weeks ago

beshears

• 3 months later...

We were thinking we might forgo an arranged tour and just explore on our own. I have to find out where we dock in relation to town, i.e., if it's within walking distance. Also, a concern we have is that we're in port on a Sunday, and we know that sometimes shops are closed on Sundays. Can anyone tell us if this is the case on Grenada? Thanks in advance.

I know we were not there on a Sunday, so the shops were open, as well as the vendors close by.

We did not book a tour, but just walked on our own, with people here on CC giving us directions on what to see/do. I did climb up to the top of the fort, and that is worth the "climbing", just to see all of Grenada from there.

• 3 weeks later...
We were thinking we might forgo an arranged tour and just explore on our own. I have to find out where we dock in relation to town, i.e., if it's within walking distance. Also, a concern we have is that we're in port on a Sunday, and we know that sometimes shops are closed on Sundays. Can anyone tell us if this is the case on Grenada? Thanks in advance.

Hi there. Whether you dock outside or, more rarely, inside on the Carenage, everything is within walking distance. In general the shops inside the cruise ship terminal remain open but most outside shops are closed. Check in advance if you wish to visit certain places like the nutmeg factory or the chocolate factory just to be sure they will be open :)

Hope you have a wonderful time in Grenada :cool:

Hi there. Whether you dock outside or, more rarely, inside on the Carenage, everything is within walking distance. In general the shops inside the cruise ship terminal remain open but most outside shops are closed. Check in advance if you wish to visit certain places like the nutmeg factory or the chocolate factory just to be sure they will be open :)

Hope you have a wonderful time in Grenada :cool:

Thank you for the information. It sounds like there is plenty to see apart from shopping, and we can always find our way to a beach if we're looking for something else to do.

• 2 weeks later...