Is 3 hrs long enough at Horseshow Bay?

Tammyd549

Thinking of doing the NCL transfers to HB on the last day since they will guarantee we won't miss the ship :)

BUT , it only gives 3 hrs to stay.

We are not beach people per se, not sun worshippers and we won't be snorkelling. Just mainly enjoying the view and going for a swim :)

Any input is appreciated!

Title should read: Horseshoe Bay

Edited by Tammyd549
Oops

Three hours should be plenty of time. Personally, I could stay there all day. Since you're not beach people, by the time you've had enough it'll be time to go back [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cruzncutie

Thinking of doing the NCL transfers to HB on the last day since they will guarantee we won't miss the ship :)

We are not beach people per se, not sun worshippers and we won't be snorkelling. Just mainly enjoying the view and going for a swim :)

There is no need to do the NCL transfers. The $7 Minibus shuttles take the same road. You can stay the same 3 hours and not miss the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Three hours is enough time. My husband is not a beach person and he had the best time and said this was his most favorite beach in the whole world. If you're facing the beach on the right side is a small cove with wonderful rock for missions there are some shady areas in the water they are near the rocks. You can also climb on top of those rocks and you can see the beautiful Bermuda long tail bird. If you walk the length of Horshoe Bay Beach toward the left there are a series of clothes there you can walk through. We took the ships excursion there because we were also a little leery of getting back on time but the Horshoe Bay Beach shuttle which is seven dollars a person they were everywhere to take you back and also to take you from the pier to Horshoe Bay I brought a mask and a noodle with me in my suitcase and the snorkeling around the rocks was very good enjoy your time thereIMG_1469705082.996349.jpg.8a5c713128442c9045d6f8630e1c6cbb.jpg

IMG_1469705051.084585.jpg.6662c12415251d3ddb4e68c892a44964.jpg

There is no need to do the NCL transfers. The $7 Minibus shuttles take the same road. You can stay the same 3 hours and not miss the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with Charles 1000%.

Everyone is always so "scared of missing the ship" the last day in Bermuda.

Most of the time you have until 4 and sometimes 5.

In a regular port nobody stays on the ship or stays in the port because they are "scared of missing the ship". I use the same cautiousness on the last day in Bermuda as I use in any other port where I only usually get 1 day.

If I am in St. Thomas, and the ship is leaving at 5, I make sure I am back around 3:45.

Same rules apply in Bermuda on the last day, but you insert your time and make sure you are back in port at least an hour before you sail.

If you took a shuttle mini van for $7.00 each way you could take off right after breakfast and get a shuttle back at like 1:00 or whatever time......then allow yourself a little time to roam around Dockyard and shop.

Bermuda is very very small and there is very little traffic......the reason you see people missing the ship a lot in Bermuda has nothing to do with traffic....it has to do with the fact that they are idiots......

Have a great time and do it on your own.....it is the easiest port to do on your own......

I am considering the same question. My plan is to take the ncl excursion and if I want to stay longer get a minibus back. Is it really easy to find one to get back? I am traveling by myself so I get a little nervous about transportation. Also is it $7 usd?

I am considering the same question. My plan is to take the ncl excursion and if I want to stay longer get a minibus back. Is it really easy to find one to get back? I am traveling by myself so I get a little nervous about transportation. Also is it $7 usd?

Mini buses would be found in the beach parking area where you would have gotten off the NCL excursion bus. The fare is $7 usd.

SBtS

I agree with Charles 1000%.

Everyone is always so "scared of missing the ship" the last day in Bermuda.

Most of the time you have until 4 and sometimes 5.

In a regular port nobody stays on the ship or stays in the port because they are "scared of missing the ship". I use the same cautiousness on the last day in Bermuda as I use in any other port where I only usually get 1 day.

If I am in St. Thomas, and the ship is leaving at 5, I make sure I am back around 3:45.

Same rules apply in Bermuda on the last day, but you insert your time and make sure you are back in port at least an hour before you sail.

If you took a shuttle mini van for $7.00 each way you could take off right after breakfast and get a shuttle back at like 1:00 or whatever time......then allow yourself a little time to roam around Dockyard and shop.

Bermuda is very very small and there is very little traffic......the reason you see people missing the ship a lot in Bermuda has nothing to do with traffic....it has to do with the fact that they are idiots......

Have a great time and do it on your own.....it is the easiest port to do on your own......

Thank you for this, I was just worried with only one road in/out, if there was a car accident or something , the road could be blocked? Otherwise I would have no issue figuring out my own transportation and would prefer it!

Thank you for this, I was just worried with only one road in/out, if there was a car accident or something , the road could be blocked? Otherwise I would have no issue figuring out my own transportation and would prefer it!

For the most part, the road to the Dockyard from Horseshoe Bay has roads that could be used to detour traffic around if there were an accident. However, there are number of bridges that if there were an accident on any one of them, traffic would be blocked in both directions.

For some reason, this scenario has never crossed my mind while in Bermuda or planning a trip to... It could happen, but I wouldn't spent much time thinking about it, JMHO.

SBtS