Need to spend a few hours in St. Martin before return flight

tbmrt

We've been to St. Maarten beaches and sightseeing in the past.

Have about 5 hours from 7:30 - noon before we can head to the airport for our flight after a cruise.

Suggestions? Will have carryon luggage with us.

Were thinking of Sunset Grill Maho, but no planes that early in AM.

In case you come back by here,

Consider heading towards the airport and stopping at the Taste Factory for breakfast, sandwiches or just coffee and pastries. (Free WiFi)

th_DSCN0750.jpg

(click)

Then, when you are ready, head to the airport if you can check in then (we've been able to check in four hours early with AA) or directly to Maho until your flight.

A 'tradition' is to sit at the bar at Maho until you see your plane come in, then head to the airport. (Assuming you're already checked in)

gary

p.s. I will point out that drinks are cheaper at Guy's Driftwood Boat Bar, located on the other side of the runway from Sunset.

th_DSCN1295.jpg

In case you come back by here,

Consider heading towards the airport and stopping at the Taste Factory for breakfast, sandwiches or just coffee and pastries. (Free WiFi)

th_DSCN0750.jpg

(click)

Then, when you are ready, head to the airport if you can check in then (we've been able to check in four hours early with AA) or directly to Maho until your flight.

A 'tradition' is to sit at the bar at Maho until you see your plane come in, then head to the airport. (Assuming you're already checked in)

gary

p.s. I will point out that drinks are cheaper at Guy's Driftwood Boat Bar, located on the other side of the runway from Sunset.

th_DSCN1295.jpg

If they only have carry on anyway and are not checking bags would you bother to go to the airport to check in?

You have to be at that airport 2 hrs before your flight lately. I have found the line ups long. 2 passport checks and security.

If they only have carry on anyway and are not checking bags would you bother to go to the airport to check in?

You have to be at that airport 2 hrs before your flight lately. I have found the line ups long. 2 passport checks and security.

I would check in as early as possible.

We've found that unless you are in First Class or have priority boarding the check-in lines can become very long and slow as it gets closer to flight time, even before you head upstairs.

I just looked again at the original post and the flight must be in the mid-afternoon, as it reads "from 7:30 - noon before we can head to the airport".

I would check in and then either head to Maho, or save the taxi fares and use them to pay for entrance into the Soualiga Lounge. It's located right at the gates, so convenient.

I think we paid $20 each, and enjoyed WiFi and complimentary snacks (think hot wings and such) and wine. Beer and mixed drinks available at a fee.

gary

I would want to be sure that you can check in over 3 hours ahead before I would even bother myself. I know that you could in the past but I am not sure that this is still the case. For Air Canada and West jet I have never waited that long to check-in but its been taking a long time to get through the 2 passport checks and security compared to even 3 years ago for us at least.

I love the lounge idea. That's a great idea.

La Vista resort in the Simpson Bay Area has a nice restaurant with an infinity pool and I know in the past that if you ate at the restaurant then you could use the pool. We did it once when staying at our nearby timeshare. If they kick you out head down the hill and stop at the Flamingo Timeshare. On the weekends there are so many people coming and going that they wouldn't even think twice seeing someone with carry on bags sitting on a lounger by the pool. :)