Regent Seven Seas Cruises booking in Sydney

Very interesting, particularly the time of year for those two groups of bookings.

September- November 2018 would possibly be OK for NZ cruises and/or bottom half of Australia cruises but the weather usually isn't the greatest then.

March - December 2020 is quite unusual for a non-resident cruise line. That certainly would add some potentially great winter options at the top end of the market.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I also think it will heavily marketed overseas. North Americans are looking for "safe" destinations to cruise.They are not booking Med cruises as fast as they used to , so the cruise lines need new places to send the ships. There may not be very many locals on board.

Great, I hope they do come and itineraries are good ones along with reasonable prices.

Define "reasonable" ;)

Regent's strategy of including shore excursions in their pricing along with other standard all inclusive items such as alcohol and gratuities means they will be at the top end of the pricing for cruising. I wouldn't be holding my breath looking for bargains

I think the comments about Australasia being viewed as a "safe" location are close to the mark - although they still have to deal with those from the US having to fly 13+ hours trans Pacific to get here versus the much shorter and cheaper trans Atlantic flights

Good to see Seabourn and Silverseas visiting the region with their new builds which offer lots of great features, exciting times for those in the luxury end of the market who prefer local cruises - and others such as Crystal have visits scheduled out to 2019 using their existing vessels

I also think it will heavily marketed overseas. North Americans are looking for "safe" destinations to cruise.They are not booking Med cruises as fast as they used to , so the cruise lines need new places to send the ships. There may not be very many locals on board.

I think you are correct, that will also keep the prices higher with just a small possibility of a last minute special.

But as a non-drinker all inclusive normally means I'm paying a lot for something I don't use.

That is one issue with all inclusive, if there is one or more of the inclusive facets that are not going to be used then it makes it less value for money.

Edited by MicCanberra

Define "reasonable" ;)

Regent's strategy of including shore excursions in their pricing along with other standard all inclusive items such as alcohol and gratuities means they will be at the top end of the pricing for cruising. I wouldn't be holding my breath looking for bargains

I think the comments about Australasia being viewed as a "safe" location are close to the mark - although they still have to deal with those from the US having to fly 13+ hours trans Pacific to get here versus the much shorter and cheaper trans Atlantic flights

Good to see Seabourn and Silverseas visiting the region with their new builds which offer lots of great features, exciting times for those in the luxury end of the market who prefer local cruises - and others such as Crystal have visits scheduled out to 2019 using their existing vessels

To me, reasonable means that the pricing is close (but a step up) to what the total costs of a cruise on a celebrity or a cunard cruise but with all the bells and whistles that the luxury cruise offers.:D

Define "reasonable" ;)

I think you will find they will do special deals on Business flights and if there are enough passengers they may even charter an all Business Class aircraft. Thats what Renaissance did to get people to fly to Tahiti , when they were operating there.

I think you will find they will do special deals on Business flights and if there are enough passengers they may even charter an all Business Class aircraft. Thats what Renaissance did to get people to fly to Tahiti , when they were operating there.

That only deals with the cost issue, which typically isn't the issue for Regent cruisers - it's does deal with the long journey both ways which I know many potential US cruisers find to be an issue. Regent can't defy the laws of physics - it's a long trip down and back

To me, reasonable means that the pricing is close (but a step up) to what the total costs of a cruise on a celebrity or a cunard cruise but with all the bells and whistles that the luxury cruise offers.:D

Watch the "step up" - it's a big one....

It's not a reasonable expectation that they will be even close to Celebrity and Cunard

Rather than discount / devalue their offering they might do split cruises that give locals a chance to try the product out at a lower entry cost for the shorter cruise - Crystal have te D that on occasions on cruises that aren't selling well

Watch the "step up" - it's a big one....

It's not a reasonable expectation that they will be even close to Celebrity and Cunard

Rather than discount / devalue their offering they might do split cruises that give locals a chance to try the product out at a lower entry cost for the shorter cruise - Crystal have te D that on occasions on cruises that aren't selling well

I realise that and also it would be like suite prices on X going to the lowest category cabin on Regent and still paying a difference.