Carnival Spirit from Sydney

Having never sailed with Carnival before I have some questions.....

Are cabins available on boarding?

We are only on a 3 nighter and didnt want to check our luggage in, just carry on a small bag each, but didnt want to lug it around if cabins are not available.

We have chosen an 11.30am checkin.....are these adhered to?

What is the boarding process?

Just confirming no wine, water softies can be taken on?

Taking our 5 yr old grandson, will kids club be operating, maybe only use it while we have dinner, also have read about the Green Eggs and Ham breakfast, anyone know if they will have that on a short cruise?

I would call Carnival with these ??? but having waited for over an hour the last two times, thought this may be quicker;)

Thanks in advance, any other info is welcome:)

boarded Carnival Legend 27th Dec for New Years 11N.

We had 1:00-1:30 boarding slot. Staff were checking paperwork and sending people away. Many of these just moved aside a few metres and waited, but as they were moved from the line, the line moved forward quickly.

Around 12:30 we joined queue at line signposted as 1:00-1:30. There was a separate line alongside marked as 1:30-2:00, which had earlier been marked as 12:30 to 1:00 - the sign was changed once the existing line was thru.

We moved thru the line and actually were inside the terminal by around 12:45, and were on-board by around 1:00. At check-in the agent said rooms will be available from 1:30. We went to lunch, didn't hear any announcements but went to our room around 2:00 and could get in.

Definitely no alcohol allowed. We didn't take any water or soft drinks on ( we don't really drink soft drink & the provided water etc is fine for us, plus you can get a bottle of cold water from any bar for $1.50), but saw people lugging slabs of water & cubes of soft drinks onto the ship.

Our party, which included 2 kids did both the High Tea and the Dr Seuss breakfast, but not sure if they are done on 3N.

Enjoy

We had 11.30am check in. queue was miles long as people didnt stick to it- there were a lot checking in with later times. The rooms were available from 1pm. Before this we left our bags outside the door of the room.

Not sure about the others. have a great cruise!

Good to know there may be long lines, I know the shorter cruises I have been on everyone wants to get on early to maximise time!!

boarded Carnival Legend 27th Dec for New Years 11N.

We had 1:00-1:30 boarding slot. Staff were checking paperwork and sending people away. Many of these just moved aside a few metres and waited, but as they were moved from the line, the line moved forward quickly.

Around 12:30 we joined queue at line signposted as 1:00-1:30. There was a separate line alongside marked as 1:30-2:00, which had earlier been marked as 12:30 to 1:00 - the sign was changed once the existing line was thru.

We moved thru the line and actually were inside the terminal by around 12:45, and were on-board by around 1:00. At check-in the agent said rooms will be available from 1:30. We went to lunch, didn't hear any announcements but went to our room around 2:00 and could get in.

Definitely no alcohol allowed. We didn't take any water or soft drinks on ( we don't really drink soft drink & the provided water etc is fine for us, plus you can get a bottle of cold water from any bar for $1.50), but saw people lugging slabs of water & cubes of soft drinks onto the ship.

Our party, which included 2 kids did both the High Tea and the Dr Seuss breakfast, but not sure if they are done on 3N.

Enjoy

Thanks for all that info, just what we needed to know!

I dont drink soft drinks either, and drink ship water, but my Aunty is coming now and asked about the softies......I wouldnt bother carrying them on for 3 days.

Thanks for the info on the breakfast, will find out when onboard if it is available:)

Rooms from 1:30 but sometimes earlier if they've finished in time.

No wine, can bring up to 12x water or softies pp.

Hot tip for calling Carnival - call at a weird time. They're US based so always open, I usually call at like 11pm and get straight through.

Thanks Amy, great info.

Yes, after waiting about an hour, I called the head office in Sydney, they said to call after 4pm our time as it isnt as busy then.

To be honest, once through, the staff are great and really helpful, much better than the last conversation I had with P&O staff:eek: That was woeful and an embarrassment for P&O.

I see you have cruised on the Spirit from/to Singapore? We are really only doing this 3 nighter to see if we would like to do a longer cruise, the Spirit is doing Singapore/Sydney and reverse in 2018 while it goes into drydock in Singapore and the Legend does the Hawaii/Sydney itineraries, which we love:p

That's cos of the diet right sister!! :D:D

The Vodka lime and soda diet;):p

After years of having Coke Zero with my scotch, I feel so much better not having it, miss my scotch though, just dont like it with soda:(

Stalker!!!

Edited by cheznandy

Yeah the Carnival call centre I've always found really helpful.

I'm booked to do it in 2018, so haven't done it just yet! We've done Syd > Hawaii on Legend and it was just heavenly. Highly recommend! The vibe on the shorter cruises can be quite different, lots of drinking and boisterous people. More chilled on longer itineraries, so keep that in mind if you find it a bit much on the 3 nighter haha.

My bad....sorry, didn't read your signature correctly:rolleyes::p

Good to know the Legend to Hawaii was good!!

Agree about the difference between shorter cruises, have done a few in my time as well as some longer ones, and my usual advice would be they are no comparison!! but, would like to see the cabins, deck areas and dining room. Entertainment, staff and other people dont bother us much!

Longer cruises attract a different more relaxed crowd.