Hollywood to Port of Long Beach

Cookson

No idea about the costs as I'm the crazy who takes public transportation.:p

Don't know exact prices.

You need to make reservations a few days before the end of your cruise for the Carnival transportation. A shuttle service for 2 will be cheaper than the taxi. Taxi rate is fixed around $60 to LAX.

Edited by SadieN

• 1 year later...

We're sailing on Princess and will be in port on 9/29/14, which is a Monday. In looking at Super Shuttle, plugging in a pick up at Long Beach port and drop off at Universal Studios, it gives us a reasonable price of $87.00 round trip for the business express service. My question is, if memory serves me, Princess uses the pier at San Pedro (at least they did for our sailing to Hawaii last year), so is that still considered the port of Long Beach or not?

We're sailing on Princess and will be in port on 9/29/14, which is a Monday. In looking at Super Shuttle, plugging in a pick up at Long Beach port and drop off at Universal Studios, it gives us a reasonable price of $87.00 round trip for the business express service. My question is, if memory serves me, Princess uses the pier at San Pedro (at least they did for our sailing to Hawaii last year), so is that still considered the port of Long Beach or not?

No. Both Long Beach and San Pedro are part of the Port of Los Angeles but are about 7 miles apart.

No. Both Long Beach and San Pedro are part of the Port of Los Angeles but are about 7 miles apart.

I looked at the cruiseship calendar for the Port of LA and the Grand Princess is definitely listed for that port, which is in the community of San Pedro, and not the city of Long Beach, which as Sadie stated is about seven miles away.

http://www.sanpedrocalendar.com/scripts/calcium40.pl?Op=ShowIt&CalendarName=sanpedrocruiseship&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2014/9/1

Non-Carnival ships rarely use the Port of LB. Make sure your reservation says the Port of Los Angeles.

I looked at the cruiseship calendar for the Port of LA and the Grand Princess is definitely listed for that port' date=' which is in the community of San Pedro, and not the city of Long Beach, which as Sadie stated is about seven miles away.

http://www.sanpedrocalendar.com/scripts/calcium40.pl?Op=ShowIt&CalendarName=sanpedrocruiseship&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2014/9/1

Non-Carnival ships rarely use the Port of LB. Make sure your reservation says the Port of Los Angeles.[/quote']

Okay, I looked again and it looks like I can get the super shuttle from what is noted as "Los Angeles harbor" for that same $87.00 round trip price. Does anyone know if that is what the list for San Pedro?

Not true. While the two ports form one huge, interconnected port complex, the Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach are two different ports administered by the two respective entities (and they compete). The split between them is pretty much down the middle of Terminal Island.

The cruise port for the Port of Los Angeles is in San Pedro, and cruise port for the Port of Long Beach is next to the Queen Mary.

Not true. While the two ports form one huge, interconnected port complex, the Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach are two different ports administered by the two respective entities (and they compete). The split between them is pretty much down the middle of Terminal Island.

The cruise port for the Port of Los Angeles is in San Pedro, and cruise port for the Port of Long Beach is next to the Queen Mary.

Thanks, always thought they were the same overall entity. Like LAWA overseeing LAX & ONT.

Thanks, always thought they were the same overall entity. Like LAWA overseeing LAX & ONT.

Of course not, having single entity run the whole port complex would just make too much sense...

Edited by zephyr17