Clothing advice for china cruise

diamondj

With our Millennium cruise fast approaching, next week, I am still dithering about what clothing to pack for onshore. The weather seems very unpredictable and variable between Hong Kong and Shanghai. Having read a report from someone on a Yangtze cruise, who says the weather is warming up daily in China, I am now wondering whether to take much warm clothing.

Please does anyone have reasonable knowledge of what to expect weatherwise. I realise that no one can be absolutely certain, so won't come back at anyone the weather turns out differently.

Never had this dilemma on previous cruises to Caribbean/Mexico/Australia. Help please !!!

With our Millennium cruise fast approaching, next week, I am still dithering about what clothing to pack for onshore. The weather seems very unpredictable and variable between Hong Kong and Shanghai. Having read a report from someone on a Yangtze cruise, who says the weather is warming up daily in China, I am now wondering whether to take much warm clothing.

Please does anyone have reasonable knowledge of what to expect weatherwise. I realise that no one can be absolutely certain, so won't come back at anyone the weather turns out differently.

Never had this dilemma on previous cruises to Caribbean/Mexico/Australia. Help please !!!

Just back from a cruise Singapore-Shanghai...we went from very hot in Singapore & Vietnam...cool in Hong Kong...and cool and rainy in Shanghai...Glad I had the whole gamut range..yes nothing like the caribbean.

Weather is hanging rapidly at this time o the year. It was quite cold in Shanghai when I was there 3 weeks ago but the forecast is quite warm tomorrow when I am going back.

Best is to check the 10-day forecasts here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294212-Activities-c61-t214-Beijing.html#TtD

China is big and the weather will differ substantially depending on where you are so you need to check every city.

The weather in Hong Kong today has been very clammy. Temperatures in the mid to high 20's with 70-80% humidity. Shanghai is a bit cooler but still has the humidity, averaging about the low 20's at this time of year.

The weather in Hong Kong today has been very clammy. Temperatures in the mid to high 20's with 70-80% humidity. Shanghai is a bit cooler but still has the humidity, averaging about the low 20's at this time of year.

Thanks, gives me some idea

Weather is hanging rapidly at this time o the year. It was quite cold in Shanghai when I was there 3 weeks ago but the forecast is quite warm tomorrow when I am going back.

Best is to check the 10-day forecasts here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294212-Activities-c61-t214-Beijing.html#TtD

China is big and the weather will differ substantially depending on where you are so you need to check every city.

Cheers, looks like a mix of clothes is needed. Good job the washing and ironing is up to date!!

Just back from a cruise Singapore-Shanghai...we went from very hot in Singapore & Vietnam...cool in Hong Kong...and cool and rainy in Shanghai...Glad I had the whole gamut range..yes nothing like the caribbean.

Guess it will be a mixed case for this trip. Anything we leave out can be bought out there I suppose. Thanks for the info.

Don't forget to pack some hand sanitizers, comes in very handy in all of the cities mentioned as soap & running water to wash before a meal or after going to the loo's aren't always readily available except in Singarpore. Strong & absorbent paper tissues (for dining, sweats and for going to the loo's, where soft & strong toilet papers aren't the "norm" except at upscale establishments) You can buy refills locally at newstands, 7-11 or equivalents & pharmacy stores, etc.

Don't forget to pack some hand sanitizers, comes in very handy in all of the cities mentioned as soap & running water to wash before a meal or after going to the loo's aren't always readily available except in Singarpore. Strong & absorbent paper tissues (for dining, sweats and for going to the loo's, where soft & strong toilet papers aren't the "norm" except at upscale establishments) You can buy refills locally at newstands, 7-11 or equivalents & pharmacy stores, etc.

Yes...hand sanitizer and wipes and toilet paper....Squatty potties are the norm in China...but always check every stall ladies... at times there might be a handicapped stall with a western toilet.