Macchu Pichu private tour

retep55555

Can anyone recommend a private tour company to go to Macchu Pichu?? We will be on a Princess tour in 2015 and am thinking of doing a private tour instead of the ship's tour. Would appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Thank you

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

our tour is not until august of 2014 but we have booked with perubesttours dot com. They arranged a tour slightly different than those listed on the web site to meet our requests. They have a good reputation.

• 2 weeks later...
The very very best we used Jamie http://www.patagoniashorex.com View him on facebook and tripadvisor Fabulous arrangements and good price

Thank you for info.... Interestingly one of the other passengers has researched a trip by Jamie. He also has quite good reviews on Tripadvisor. I have also been recommended to Monica's Tour. What was your itinerary and did Jamie stay with you all the time? Was there anything that could be improved on like accommodation, travel arrangements or sightseeing. I am keen to cram as much as I can into our time. We will have about 5 days almost. Thanks for any help. So hard to know what to do when you are unfamiliar with the area.

Regards

Sharon

Adventurestoperu. Private tours and reasonable. This is an American that lives in peru so very easy to communicate with.

Did you go to Machu Picchu and use this company? Their reviews are excellent. How strenuous of a tour was it? I see those tall rocks for steps and worry about manuevering them?

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

i booked my own hotels and flights, but had cusco transport pick us up from the cusco airport, drive us down to ollytamboto at the railroad(again paid our own). they pre purchased our machu pichu tickets and arranged a guide for us.after 2 days they picked us up at the railroad and drove us to urabamba to stay 2 nights. they took us touring around the area, ruins etc and then picked us up the last morning to the airport. all on time and excellent service and reasonable. paid when we got to cusco. martha