JW Marriott Marquis - LMT booking

madiaka

I'm down to 2 hotels for our 3 night pre cruise stay. JW Marriott Marquis and Loews Miami Beach. My question is about JW. If you book through LMT but are a Marriott Rewards member can you usually get an upgraded room or are you typically stuck with what you booked since its at a discount? I usually stay at Marriotts and I know I won't get any points for this stay.

Note: most people would automatically stay in Miami Beach but my husband isn't a beach person and my son didn't like the Clearwater beach in Tampa (doesn't like the feeling of sand on his feet yet) so I'm not sure it's worth the additional expense. Just weighing my options now.

Thx

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that they allow upgrades when booking with LMT at times.

I'll have to try that next time. I actually just booked a Priceline deal for the Courtyard Marriott Miami Beach and cancelled JW and Loews. The rate was $109 per night which saves me $400.

I know it's not downtown or South Beach and I prefer the nicer hotels, but I'll deal with the Courtyard in Mid Beach for that price. I stayed there before and it was nice enough.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Marquis in April 2015 and were booked through LMT.

As I am a Marriott rewards member, we were given a free upgrade to one of the corner rooms on the 25th floor, I think, overlooking the bay.

It is a beautiful hotel and a great location.

We just booked it again from LMT for April 2016.

So happy to see this post. I booked this hotel for a cruise next month with my mom and dd. I also booked through lmtclub and got, what I think, a great deal if comparing other booking sites as well as their own site.

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the JW Marquis before my last cruise and loved it. My SO is Platinum with Marriott, and we were upgraded to a gorgeous corner suite - we were actually given the choice between two different suites :) Loved it!