Port Everglades Car Rental

JaneAustenite

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a car rental recommendation for a day in Fort Lauderdale. I know there is a Budget near the port but, their rates are almost double those of Enterprise. Has anyone ever rented from the South Ft. Lauderdale Enterprise location? If so, do you know if they "pick you up" like the commercials advertise? It would be convenient to be picked up at the port and then be able to drop the car at the airport the next day.

How far away are you looking to rent? I almost always find that rates drop drastically within a month and closer. For example, I had a minivan reserved with Alamo, in April for our upcoming January cruise. It was $92 a day back then. I just re-reserved it for $34 a day last week. Also, regarding Enterprise, they own National and Alamo, and the latter 2 operate a free shuttle bus to the airport rental centre. Recent posts have indicated Enterprise users also can take this bus for free. I'm not sure if the location on Federal Hwy will pick you up at the port if the airport location already does. I would call and ask them. Also as posted above, all the rental locations as well as the airport are a cheap cab ride rather than waiting unknown time for a rental shuttle to show up.

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a car rental recommendation for a day in Fort Lauderdale. I know there is a Budget near the port but, their rates are almost double those of Enterprise. Has anyone ever rented from the South Ft. Lauderdale Enterprise location? If so, do you know if they "pick you up" like the commercials advertise? It would be convenient to be picked up at the port and then be able to drop the car at the airport the next day.

I rented a car from Budget 2 months ago at the location near the port. 10 people in line with only one clerk- took 1 hr to get to the clerk. The car rental lot at the port was empty and had to wait for an hour, along with other people for someone to turn their car... I heard that Budget is charging customers at the airport to drop their cars at the port location so they have a shuttle to and from the ship, thus no cars available. My advise is to go to another car rental company.

I rented a car from Budget 2 months ago at the location near the port. 10 people in line with only one clerk- took 1 hr to get to the clerk. The car rental lot at the port was empty and had to wait for an hour, along with other people for someone to turn their car... I heard that Budget is charging customers at the airport to drop their cars at the port location so they have a shuttle to and from the ship, thus no cars available. My advise is to go to another car rental company.

That certainly is a risk of using smaller city locations. Similar was happening in Cape Canaveral when we dropped off our rental prior to our cruise, long line of people waiting to rent, and another long line of people waiting for cars to be returned.

After some research I decided to go with Alamo at the airport. The only car rental companies that offer a shuttle from the port are Alamo, National, and Hertz (to my knowledge). Alamo was reasonably priced and when I called the rep was friendly and helpful.

A few weeks ago, we rented from Enterprise at FLL upon arrival, returned the car to the airport 4 days later and then boarded the complimentary shuttle on level 3 at FLL to the pier. Enterprise owns National and Alamo.

Darcy

After some research I decided to go with Alamo at the airport. The only car rental companies that offer a shuttle from the port are Alamo, National, and Hertz (to my knowledge). Alamo was reasonably priced and when I called the rep was friendly and helpful.

Hertz shuttles to and from the Crowne Plaza location, not the airport. Also, if you register on Alamo's site, the price will be a couple dollars cheaper, and you can also do online checkin so that you can just walk to the row of cars and grab one without speaking to anyone at the counter first. Just stop at the gate on the way out where they swipe your credit card and license. Also be sure to keep checking prices as the date approaches.

Edited by DanJ