Your first cruise ship

Hi My first cruise ship was Holland America's Rotterdam. Sailed in fall,1981. Fantastic cruise! Would you believe the ship had a live rock band that played some nights until close to 3AM! Loved that ship! The ship is now a museum in Rotterdam,Holland. Kendra

and remember the passenger list! Boy don't do that anymore!

My parents thought it was a huge big deal that our cabin had a PORTHOLE...

They shot skeet off the stern; had some sort of funny hat contest...

But the menus - every day had an original Hawaiian themed lithograph on the cover, printed on very robust card stock.

My parents thought it was a huge big deal that our cabin had a PORTHOLE...

They shot skeet off the stern; had some sort of funny hat contest...

But the menus - every day had an original Hawaiian themed lithograph on the cover, printed on very robust card stock.

I still have my menus from the Lurline too. They are great. I remember skeet shooting and shuffleboard and horse racing and crazy hats and passenger talent shows. One thing I loved was morning bouillon at 11. The stewards used to tuck the blankets around you on the deck chairs and bring you bouillon and tea

• 2 weeks later...

My first cruise was in January 2003 on the Norwegian Sun with a western Caribbean itinerary. I loved that ship, especially the Solarium. I remember that the weather that week was particularly windy and the Solarium was the perfect quiet place to relax out of the wind while still enjoying the warm sun. Out of the 3 cruises I've been on so far, this has been my favorite ship and I would love to take another cruise on her one day. :)

I'll be headed out on the Getaway in about 2 weeks, so I'm curious to see how Freestyle cruising has evolved since then and how the two NCL ships compare.

Our first cruise was 04/2001 for our honeymoon. We were on the Grand Princess, and went to Eastern Caribbean. It definitely hooked us. We've been on 11 cruises since our first, and have another booked for 11/14/15. We would cruise more often, if our schedules permitted it. 😊

Edited by rstunger

• 5 weeks later...

The MS Aquarius. Some Greek cruise line don't remember the name though

Santorini Rhodes Mykonos kusadasi Crete and overnight in Istanbul

I was an 18 yo college kid back in 1976 and it was incredible

Hooked for life of course

We have been fortunate enough to do 2 ..12 day med cruises with our 4 college and high school kids and they too have seen all of the eastern and western med plus many Carib cruises too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first cruise was in Alaska on Sun Princess 5/24-5/31 1997. Even before the end of the cruise we were thoroughly hooked and wondered where and when we could go again. We have been on 22 cruises since with another coming up in October. I have to laugh now when I think we came very close to missing the ship but being "newbies" we were blissfully unaware. We had taken the Quick Coach from Seattle to Vancouver which was delayed at the border crossing. The bus dropped us off at the pier about 4:00 and they were waiting for us to check in. We barely got to our cabin and it was time for the muster drill. What did we know? But for every cruise since I make sure we leave plenty of time!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HAL Amsterdam in 1969, England to NYC to visit relatives. I was a small child & my family & I lived in London. My mother was afraid of flying, so my first of many cruises. I remember seeing the Statue of Liberty at a cold sunrise & I was hooked.