Looking for Grand Princess kids programs info/experience

grg

I am looking for any feedback on kids programs.

We've cruised with Princess many times but this is the first where our boys 7&9 will be old enough to participate in the kids programs.

We are sailing the Mexican Riviera on the Grand in January.

Did your kids enjoy themselves, were they entertained, and want to go back to them.? How often do they have programs? Did you encounter any problems or difficulties.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

My son loves Princess kids clubs. He was 9 when we cruise the Grand to Alaska. The hours are typical 9-12, 1-4ish and 7-10 on a sea day. On port days he went from 7-10 at night. He actually preferred their program over CCL because they are more likely to be active - sometime CCL does too many crafty things for my athlete....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess is in the process of revamping their kids and teens programs. Good news is that it's been completed on the Grand Princess. They're offering Camp Discovery in conjunction with the Discovery Channel. The Treehouse is for ages 3-7 and The Lodge is for ages 8-12. The Treehouse has hands-on activities and The Lodge has sports activities, among other things.

Princess is also offering interactive games, scavenger hunts, etc. There are PlayStations, Wii's and XBOX games. Dance lessons, basketball, mini golf, etc. There is science too and they feature things from Animal Planet. They have talent shows and theme nights (Pirate, Mexican Fiesta, etc.). Also arts and crafts and a JrChef@Sea program.

They're also offering activities for the entire family like family movie nights, shows in the theater, stargazing at sea, dance parties, etc. They have family game night, game shows and trivia challenges. Finally there is a parents night out program where they offer late night group kid-sitting and kids-only dinners.

I think the boys will love it.

This is your sister-in-law, by the way. ;)

I am looking for any feedback on kids programs.

We've cruised with Princess many times but this is the first where our boys 7&9 will be old enough to participate in the kids programs.

We are sailing the Mexican Riviera on the Grand in January.

Did your kids enjoy themselves, were they entertained, and want to go back to them.? How often do they have programs? Did you encounter any problems or difficulties.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks