tour the Galley

lissa42886

i am a pastry/culinary student.. i will be sailing on Glory in just under 3 months.. i was wondering if anyone has ever been able to tour the galley aka the kitchen. i would love to see it working, i know there are those behind the scene tours they offer but i have no want to see EVERYTHING behind the scene.. just the kitchen.. nor pay 100$ or what ever it cost.. i was thinking just talking to the matre de and seeing if there was anything she/he could do..

Lissa .....a few cruises ago on the Spirit I received a call in my cabin and offered a tour of the galley. They said it was because we were Platinum members we were offered the tour. We accepted along with our friends and it was very interesting to see how they set up and serve so many people in such a short time. The tour was about 45 minutes.

I have no idea if they still do it and we've never been asked since, but maybe check with the Matre de and see what he can do for you....but they do do it!

Edited by Beave8920

I am pretty sure that they do not allow individual tours of the galley... Never hurts to ask though.

The only way I know is to do the Chef's Table. We did this on our last cruise and it was great. To see the Galley during dinner time is pretty amazing... even ran into our waiters.. they were getting food for our kids at our table. We all laughed.. It was truly a great experience to witness how they feed so many people. We got to visit each department in the galley. I thought it was worth the 75 dollars.

If you sign up for the Chef's Table you spend some time in the Galley. At least we did on the Legend last year... I'm sure someone will chime in if they stopped doing that. Plus you get a pretty awesome 10 course meal and all the wine you can drink. It's $75 per person if I remember correctly.

I also did a free galley tour in 2010 on Miracle. Since then I've only seen it offered through the Behind The Scenes Tour.

I think since they started the Behind the Scenes Tour for a fee, they have quit the free tour.

I did the "free" galley tour a few years ago on the Elation, but my past CCL cruises you had to sign up and pay- similar to booking a shore excursion. Its very interesting to see how it works and definitely worth it if you are a culinary student ( I am a LCB graduate)

Our last Chet's table experience was shared with a culinary arts student and an instructor, it was very interesting to hear their thoughts throughout the night. The instructor was a pastry chef and was pretty giddy! :)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014