A bit of a pre-trip review

Kteacher

I took my first cruise to the Med in May 2012 and it was the best

cruise I have ever taken....by far........:)

I hope you have the most fantastic time too:D......I remember everything

being a "WOW"........it was all so amazing!

I'm not sure if you'll see this, but I thought I would comment as we have similar shoe problems, err, collections. If you can make it happen, try and see the terrace houses in Ephesus, it was well worth it to us. It sounds like you have lots of great things to see and do. Rhodes is definitely something I think you can do on your own, even if you hope a cab and get to Lindos, it's doable on your own, or you can simply visit the old city.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Love this so far cant wait for the review!

Cant tell you how many time I thought about starting a pre cruise thread. I love doing review and plan to for our September Reflection cruise as well as our 6 days prior in Venice, Florence and Rome on our own.

I have done so much planning its probably an official sickness but its sooo fun.

Like you fashion is important and so is comfort so Ive planned my entire cruise wardrobe to a "T" including bag, shoes and jewelry and its all loged by day. Hha. Ive even pre packed a couple of times :D I have to do something to keep me busy or Ill burst LOL

have a WONDERFUL time!!!!! Looking forward to your return :D

Gena

Lucky you! The one mistake we made was taking a 12 day day cruise and only one day pre- cruise in Barcelona. I was so concerned about leaving my job and putting the burden on others. Guess what? I'm over it. I work like a dog all year so they'll have to suck it up because next time I will take add'l days prior to embarkation. Lol

I have found you just have to plan longer trips, make sure your boss is well aware of it ahead of time - I stopped asking and just tell them my plans. I just let my boss know that we have a 17 day Panama Canal cruise planned for next September (2015) and that I may take a day or two ahead of time. You just have to do it - why else do you work if you can't enjoy your time off. And yes, you do deserve it

I have found you just have to plan longer trips, make sure your boss is well aware of it ahead of time - I stopped asking and just tell them my plans. I just let my boss know that we have a 17 day Panama Canal cruise planned for next September (2015) and that I may take a day or two ahead of time. You just have to do it - why else do you work if you can't enjoy your time off. And yes, you do deserve it

I have the same problem, and I am self employeed :( We just started to take the time anyway, and work some, or as little as needed when we're away.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for all the well wishes! We made it :). DH didn't fare so well on the overnight flight, but after two naps and a gelato he perked up. Kudos to Celebrity- we were met in the chaos of FCO baggage claim by a Celebrity representative, who made for a seamless transition from airport to hotel ( which is lovely, btw). Had a great meal with lots of Limoncello last night, and we're ready for our whirlwind tour of Rome today :).

I took my first cruise to the Med in May 2012 and it was the best

cruise I have ever taken....by far........:)

I hope you have the most fantastic time too:D......I remember everything

being a "WOW"........it was all so amazing!

Lois, I want to thank you for sharing your experience with me last year. I was overwhelmed with it all prior to sailing. Everything went without a hitch. Best trip of my life!

Lois, I want to thank you for sharing your experience with me last year. I was overwhelmed with it all prior to sailing. Everything went without a hitch. Best trip of my life!

Happy I could help:) and really happy it was your best trip too:D

Lucky you! The one mistake we made was taking a 12 day day cruise and only one day pre- cruise in Barcelona. I was so concerned about leaving my job and putting the burden on others. Guess what? I'm over it. I work like a dog all year so they'll have to suck it up because next time I will take add'l days prior to embarkation. Lol

Like you, I was a "lone ranger" in the manufacturing environment - worked like a dog to keep things moving to meet customer requirements. If I left for a week, nothing got done unless there was a fire! I'd get back and work like 2 dogs for a week to catch up. Took 2 weeks off - when I got back they gave me a promotion and raise. After that, a minimum vacation was at least 2 weeks!

Now retired, every day is a vacation, unless filled with honey-do's!

Like you, I was a "lone ranger" in the manufacturing environment - worked like a dog to keep things moving to meet customer requirements. If I left for a week, nothing got done unless there was a fire! I'd get back and work like 2 dogs for a week to catch up. Took 2 weeks off - when I got back they gave me a promotion and raise. After that, a minimum vacation was at least 2 weeks!

Now retired, every day is a vacation, unless filled with honey-do's!

Congrats to you! There was no promotion nor pay raise for me, but it took 3 people to get my job done.

Wait until next year when I take another 13 consecutive days off.

In 2016, I plan to go to Europe again. They better start planning now.

Edited by celebrity

A first Mediterranean cruise can be hectic and magical. You have lots of tours, so enjoy your "down time".

Take time after your cruise (and presentation) to write a review and relive the experience.

Please also give thoughts on CS 1638, as that's where we will be on August 25 sailing!

Thanks