Conflicting info on Carnival internet access

pokerguy90

To those with first hand experience with Carnivals internet packages.

Here is some info I have seen different answers to:

1) Premium service can you or can't you recieve Youtube?

2) Is it Only 1, Or up to 3 device at a time is allowed to connect?

3) does the carnival hub app allow you to communicate with other passengers?

Some places say Yes others No to the same info. I also read the disclaimer on the carnival site is not accurate.

I called up carnival and a rep told me two devices per purchase, you can get youtube.

Any help would be terrific.

thank you.

Carnival Hub Chat is $5 per phone for the cruise. You need to add others with Carnival Hub Chat to be able to message each other. Internet not needed in that case. Social internet is $5 or $7 a day and can connect one device at a time per package, but you can reassign which device easily. Don't think they allow You Tube as they don't allow streaming.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

To those with first hand experience with Carnivals internet packages.

Here is some info I have seen different answers to:

1) Premium service can you or can't you recieve Youtube?

2) Is it Only 1, Or up to 3 device at a time is allowed to connect?

3) does the carnival hub app allow you to communicate with other passengers?

Some places say Yes others No to the same info. I also read the disclaimer on the carnival site is not accurate.

I called up carnival and a rep told me two devices per purchase, you can get youtube.

Any help would be terrific.

thank you.

Recently off the Sunshine. Had Premium service which was quite slow. Didn't try to use for streaming services. Had enough trouble reading e-mails. Since I pre-paid guest services suggested that I calI Carnival upon return. They were more than generous. They credited the entire 8 days back to me.

We had the social package- no you tube with that one. I'm not sure about premium...

One device per package. I had pre-purchased one before boarding... and my son decided to use his own money to purchase his own once on board- when he found out I was NOT going to log out of my account every time he wanted to snap chat or IM with his friends on his phone ;p

We had the chat feature from Hub app- worked great for us. Occasionally the server would disconnect one of us, but we'd know right away because there would be a big orange blob on the screen letting us know we were not connected. A quick refresh of the app and all was well. Totally worth the $5 per person IMO to be able to keep in touch with the kids for the length of the cruise.

We had the social package- no you tube with that one. I'm not sure about premium...

One device per package. I had pre-purchased one before boarding... and my son decided to use his own money to purchase his own once on board- when he found out I was NOT going to log out of my account every time he wanted to snap chat or IM with his friends on his phone ;p

We had the chat feature from Hub app- worked great for us. Occasionally the server would disconnect one of us, but we'd know right away because there would be a big orange blob on the screen letting us know we were not connected. A quick refresh of the app and all was well. Totally worth the $5 per person IMO to be able to keep in touch with the kids for the length of the cruise.

You could have saved $10 and just corresponded via FB Messenger or WhatsApp since you both had internet plans.

You could have saved $10 and just corresponded via FB Messenger or WhatsApp since you both had internet plans.

True, but he wouldn't have been able to talk with his dad or sister- and I wouldn't have been able to chat with my daughter or hubby. Although that may not have been a bad thing on some days ;p

Some places say Yes others No to the same info.
I think the reason why you get such diametrically opposed answers about performance, at least, is that performance varies based on load and on the current state of the satellite connection, which is affected by a number of factors, some of which even vary from hour to hour. With regard to the HUB messenger app, the explanation that makes the most sense to me is that people have different system utilities running on their devices, some of which suspend or terminate background apps as part of a routine cleanup operation, thereby resulting in messages not getting through.

We were going to go with Value for this upcoming cruise, but I think we'll go with Premium on the basis of comments I've read like this:

we purchase the premium as I unfortunately must stay connected with our business

last year on miracle we tried value plan and upgraded on day 2 to premium and yes was much faster

I would use to monitor our video production plant camera system and delay on value was long but premium I could watch live camera feeds without a problem and worked pretty well on video conferences too

One of the things that make us feel more at-ease on vacation is being able to view the security cameras in our home while we're away, and so being able to do that is important to us.