Original Swizzle Inn to Hamilton - Taxi

rclibertygirl5

• 10 months later...
From the ferry stop in Hamilton can you take a bus to the original Swizzle Inn? We will be docked in the Naval Dockyard but would like to visit the Swizzle Inn on this trip to Bermuda.

Yes, you can take a bus from Hamilton that will get you to the Swizzle Inn. Do a search on this board for the bus numbers, but I think it's the Numbers 1 and 3 (they run between Hamilton and St. George's). Another good option is to take the ferry from the Dockyard to St. George's in the morning, tour St. George's, then take a bus (heading toward Hamilton) to the Swizzle Inn for lunch. Then a bus to Hamilton and a ferry back to the Dockyard.

The Bailey's Bay fish sandwich at the Swizzle Inn may not look like much, but it was delicious and the best fish sandwich I've ever had, and it sure paired well with the Rum Swizzle! :)

GemCruiseOct2011606.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Yes, you can take a bus from Hamilton that will get you to the Swizzle Inn. Do a search on this board for the bus numbers, but I think it's the Numbers 1 and 3 (they run between Hamilton and St. George's). Another good option is to take the ferry from the Dockyard to St. George's in the morning, tour St. George's, then take a bus (heading toward Hamilton) to the Swizzle Inn for lunch. Then a bus to Hamilton and a ferry back to the Dockyard.

Thanks so much...I think that is exactly what we will do...we can kill three birds with one stone...so to speak...I wouldn't actually kill a bird.:eek:

We actually weren't going to go to St. George's this time around but I love that quaint lil town so I do think I'd miss it. We didn't get to Hamilton the last time so that is on our list this time around. I am so bummed...we are going to be in Bermuda 5/20-22 and I was so looking forward to Harbor nights but on a Bermuda site I saw that Harbor nights were not going to begin until the first week of June...I was hoping maybe that was a typo but we'll see.

We are going to be in Bermuda for the first time on May 24-26. On Monday I want to go to St George for the train trolley tour, mini bus to St Catherine Fort, then a bus from St George to the Swizzle Inn for lunch & the South Road to the hospital, take another bus to Dockyard. I thought I would get off to see the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse then catch another bus to Dockyard. I know that is a full day. I'm hoping the ferry will run to St George on Monday since it is a holiday. If not, I'll have to catch the ferry to Hamilton then a bus on the North Road to St George. Needless to say, I am purchasing 2 day bus passes. I am also intending to get an early start. I'm a huge planner so I am nervous not being able to plan the times & bus numbers for all this travel. I think I read where the spring & summer schedules won't be out until April.

I also read about a free bonfire at Snorkel Beach on Sunday &/or Monday.

Edited by PTAngel