Where do I start?

Maple_Girl

Thank you, everyone for your tips and suggestions. I booked us in an obstructed, south-facing cabin on the 1/3/17 Eastbound crossing. I'm super excited! We leave NYC on the 3rd, arrive in Southampton on the 10th and will have 4 days in London before flying back to Boston on the 14th. We got the airfare through Cunard, per a few suggestions here. I'm quite pleased with flight - direct from Heathrow to Logan on Virgin Atlantic.

Huzzah!! Thanks everyone!! :D

Thank you, everyone for your tips and suggestions. I booked us in an obstructed, south-facing cabin on the 1/3/17 Eastbound crossing. I'm super excited! We leave NYC on the 3rd, arrive in Southampton on the 10th and will have 4 days in London before flying back to Boston on the 14th. We got the airfare through Cunard, per a few suggestions here. I'm quite pleased with flight - direct from Heathrow to Logan on Virgin Atlantic.

Huzzah!! Thanks everyone!! :D

Congratulations for booking! Now the countdown begins - but given how we are already flying through 2016 it won't be long before you board.

• 3 months later...
Yes, we are in Massachusetts and I was looking at the January 3rd crossing. Our anniversary is the 6th, so that would be perfect. The formal feel is what attracts us to Cunard. Where should I go to get the best value on booking? We'll need to book the ship and flight home. We'd also like to spend a couple days in London.

It is our Anniversary too & we just booked for Jan 3rd. We have been to Caribbean too many times & wanted to do something different spend some time in London & go to Iceland(3rd time).

You are from MA & flights are much cheaper from KEF to Boston

Right now most of the inside / ocean view / balcony BZ grade staterooms for late fall / winter are similar in price so why not take the balcony?

Personal opinion, but sheltered balcony is great - close to the water and less rough a ride without the wind of open balcony rooms. Obstructed view -- you better like the color orange before you choose that?

London: Check the Westminster Abbey web site for the times of evensong. Usually around a 5:30 service -- it's magical to be there not as a tourist but as an actual member of the congregation. ....and of course it's free! As you approach the gate a verger will turn you away if you are a "tourist" but tell them you are there to attend the service -- they will immediately wave you in.

Your sense of adventure for your 10th anniversary says a lot about you. I would strongly suggest delaying your cruise to May and do an east to west crossing based on your past experience. Enjoy both the interior and exterior of this great ship. Unfortunately Cunard just finished a balcony upgrade promotion but would still suggest a balcony booking. We have booked through United Airlines cruise program which has saved us considerable money and scores us 30K frequent flyer points. Im sure all of the airlines have some sort of cruise program. Ditto on the southern (port) cabin. As far as the age concern, you will find your younger crowd in the G-32 lounge after 9:00pm.

A TA on the QM2 is something you will remember for a lifetime.