Excursions on Magic

We are going to Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Caymen.

To keep costs down, we were thinking, doing 2 excursions, and using one port to just walk around and do our own thing. Which place do you think has the best excursions, and which can we just walk around, grab some local food, not get kidnapped, etc. ( ;) )

(We have two kids, 8 and 6, plus 4 adults that are willing to do nothing or moderate activities.)

The general consensus is that Jamaica isn't that great of a destination. Some disagree, it's very subjective, but that seems to be what the majority believe (myself included). I'd use that as your down port to just walk around and so some light shopping, grab a bite to eat, etc. Kidnapping is optional.

We did those ports and our least favorite port for excursions was Grand Cayman, but maybe we just chose a so-so excursion. We did snorkeling but I'm thinking sting ray city may have been better. We also swam with Dolphins in Cozumel and did zip lining in Jamaica and loved both. As far as ports go, we all agreed that Cozumel had the nicest port area and best shopping, so if you are planning on staying just in the port area take that into consideration.

Cayman a nice excursion is snorkeling with the Stingrays.

I don't care for Jamaica but would not walk on my own there so I would do the Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica.

Cozumel is easy and safe to walk around on your own. Caymans is also very safe but I do think a tour there would be fun.

Keith

Out of these three Jamaica probably has the most to do. I'd definitely do an excursion here rather than just walk around the port.

I'd choose Cayman or Cozumel as a day to walk around the port or to a beach to relax.

I think Sting Ray City is a must do in Grand Cayman.

We did the Western Caribbean trip with DCL Magic in 2013. We didn't stop at Jamaica, just Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

Grand Cayman, we actually DIYd. Although, we had a friend who lives in the island who arranged our trip for us. Company picked us up at the port.

Cozumel, we did the Mayan ruins, and a beach -- but there were lots of things to do near the port in Cozumel and also a beach near the port. So I think you don't have to do an excursion here.

I haven't been to Jamaica so no comment :)