advice traveling with 9 & 11 year old

Derbie

My husband and I are taking our two nieces on a cruise. Can anyone recommend the best place to take them while in port? I know they love to swim! Any recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

We will be visiting Grand Turk for the first time in February. It is my understanding that it is more of less a beach day...so plenty of swimming. The beach is right off the pier. Also, there is Margaritaville right there and I guess they have a pretty large pool. Our plan is to hang out between the two. I'm sure someone who has been there will also post and give you a little more info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Wife and I were there in 2009 and went to Governors Beach. We had rented a golf cart for the day. It was very nice, not packed with people from the ship. We spent a good bit of time there that day.

We now have a 3 yr old and are going back. I'm not sure if we are going to that beach again or staying close to the boat.

Definitely a beach/pool day. The beach is very nice right there, you can wander the beach, do watersports rentals (banana boat, etc), play in the water/sand and the pool at Margaritaville is huge as stated, and while it is free to use, it's only right to purchase a little something from them for the use of the pool.

There is also a waverider right next to the pool that they might like. If you take a right when you get off the pier and follow the beach, you'll find the conch graveyard where they discard old conch shells after taking the meat out. Kids might enjoy going and finding a treasure there!