Room question

boogcotten

First time going on a cruise this summer, taking the wife and three kids. trying to book a room and curious how to tell if its in a decent location. Carnival Elation is the ship. Room I am looking at is E158. Its mid ship on the Empress deck, any advice about this area?

Edited by boogcotten

Looking at Elation's deck plan, the galley will be on the deck above you. That may lead to noise issues from activity in the galley that you may hear in your cabin.

Thanks for your quick response. Been trying to find a good deck chart where i could maybe decipher where things were myself. where would I find this?

Thanks for your quick response. Been trying to find a good deck chart where i could maybe decipher where things were myself. where would I find this?

Usually just Googling the name of the ship + 'deck plans' will find you what you want. Should be on Carnival's website.

We were in cabin E122 and had no issues at all, great room and great location. It was an ocean view. No noise. Not sure how close this is to your room, though.

E122 is at the forward end of the area under the galley. That probably would not be as great of a potential for noise as the cabin you are considering.

When I book a stateroom on any ship, I consider what is above, below, beside, and across from where the stateroom is. Along with the old cliche--but still true--the lower the deck, the less motion--as well as close to mid-ships (as you seem to wisely know), the more likely that King Neptune's fury on the open sea will not make your sea journey unpleasant! Nor will the routine operations of the ship become an issue as well.

• 2 weeks later...

How old are the kids?

here is some suggestions-- look to see the price difference of two cabins.

it might surprise you to see that it is not all that much of a price hike.

If the savings is not grand-- then all of you in one cabin will be tight but managable == cabins are only 185 sq feet.

you will keep the beds on the floor apart to give you more floor space-- especially to add in the roll away bed which will take up your precious floor space.

keep the lower beds UNDER the upper beds

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/platinumvacations/The%20Carnival%20Pride/DSCN2212.jpg

keeping the lower beds together-- http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/dpwright92/media/SDC14112.jpg.html

there is no floor space-- except on either side of the bed-- and you will have to bend down to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom etc.

the pictures are NOT your ship but will give you an idea on space

since your food and pools are located in the back-

try to get a cabin close to the aft elevators

keep your cabin between cabin space and away from public areas.

riveria, main deck, upper deck

Empress deck aft as long as your cabin is under the dining room you are good.

Dining room is carpeted so no noise issue

Avoid the galley at all costs as that runs all night long preparing meals

How old are the kids?

here is some suggestions-- look to see the price difference of two cabins.

it might surprise you to see that it is not all that much of a price hike.

If the savings is not grand-- then all of you in one cabin will be tight but managable == cabins are only 185 sq feet.

you will keep the beds on the floor apart to give you more floor space-- especially to add in the roll away bed which will take up your precious floor space.

keep the lower beds UNDER the upper beds

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/platinumvacations/The%20Carnival%20Pride/DSCN2212.jpg

keeping the lower beds together-- http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/dpwright92/media/SDC14112.jpg.html

there is no floor space-- except on either side of the bed-- and you will have to bend down to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom etc.

the pictures are NOT your ship but will give you an idea on space

10,6,&2 are the kids ages.

I think we have decided on a lower floor, that area was next to public space and was below the galley