South Pacific/New Zealand Cruise Suggestions

I've cruised before and plan to get either South Pacific or New Zealand cruise on March or April 2018. I'm wondering what's the cruise weather be like at that time of the year on those regions. Our base will be Sydney and it will be their Fall Season that time. For those who have been to those cruises, suggestions/recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

I've cruised before and plan to get either South Pacific or New Zealand cruise on March or April 2018. I'm wondering what's the cruise weather be like at that time of the year on those regions. Our base will be Sydney and it will be their Fall Season that time. For those who have been to those cruises, suggestions/recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

March in Sydney is essentially the end of summer. April is the beginning of autumn.

April is usually the end of the cyclone season for the South Pacific, although my cruise early last May to Vanuatu was interrupted by a late cyclone. So you never know.

Easter is at the end of March next year and is a peak travel time here. It coincides with school holidays. You will find traveling a bit crowded at that time of year.

The odds are that cruising weather in March will be good across Australia and NZ. With NZ being further south the weather there gets cooler more quickly in April and is very variable. Personally I would prefer to cruise NZ in February.

Another thing to keep in mind is that in April a lot of ships depart Australian waters for the northern hemisphere, to cruise China and Alaska. Which leaves fewer cruising choices locally.

If you are coming from the US, I would think about going back via a NZ, Tahiti and Honolulu cruise. Then fly home from Honolulu. Tahiti shouldn't be missed.

For a more exotic destination, you could try New Guinea. Although you would probably have to board from Brisbane rather than Sydney that time of year.

Welcome to cruise critic.

Temperatures should be moderate in Australia and cool in NZ and still warm in the South pacific. Predicting weather is always a folly but that time of year is generally a nice time to cruise, not too hot or too cold.

For your stay in Sydney, perhaps a trip to Manly on the ferry, a trip to the blue mountains (3 sisters at Katoomba) and also the Featherdale wildlife park.

For in NZ the ports will depend but note if you do the Queenstown overnight, you will miss most of the sounds.