Family of 5-- taxi from airport to terminal?

whineconnoiseur

We are a family of 5-- elementary aged kids and parents. Do I need to arrange transport ahead or can we get a taxi at the airport to the cruise terminal? One suitcase per person, plus day bags (personal item sized) for each person.

If I need a prearranged transfer, any suggestions? or estimates on what I should pay? Or would it be cheaper to grab two taxis?

thanks.

Actually, there are three ports: Port Vell, Port Olímpic and Port del Fòrum. If you're boarding a cruise you want Port Vell... albeit there, there are several piers ("moll" in Catalan, the local language)... and for the biggest cruisers you have Moll Adossat while for the regular lines you have Moll de Barcelona (ie for Transmediterrània) and also Moll de Ponent (ie. for Grimaldi Lines).

Edited by EnricM

Trying booking a private transfer here? http://www.booktaxibcn.com/ (at least you will know they can fit all of you and your luggage and will be waiting for you when you arrive)...this is of course assuming you are landing in Barcelona??? :D:D

Have you used this company and can you get an overview tour of city before being dropped off at hotel?

I have checked Barcelona Day Tours and their many other names and they are booked for our arrival on Oct 14th.

Have you used this company and can you get an overview tour of city before being dropped off at hotel?

I have checked Barcelona Day Tours and their many other names and they are booked for our arrival on Oct 14th.

Yes I used them - just for transportation - you may wish to contact them in regard to possible 'touring' en route?