Cruise Parking

RuthieJ

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me.

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon and are thinking about a 26 day cruise over christmas with Cunard in 2017. Honestly, my concern is my car. Neither of us like coaches particularly so we were thinking we would drive and park at the dock in Southampton. 26 days of no driving is never good for a car, so really my question is:

Does anyone know what CPS (Cruise passenger services Southampton) does to make sure my car will start? or is it just a risk I'd need to take?

Thanks in advance.

Ruth xx

I know, I would never blame them, because ultimately it is my responsibility because I left it there.

I was just wondering if they moved the cars at all in the space of those few weeks. Obviously if they move it, if only from A to B, then it'll all help with making sure it keeps going.

When we sailed out of Southampton you parked your car and kept your keys, no moving the cars around, unless things have changed since.

The OP mentions using CPS which is a valet parking company. You hand over your keys and they park the car. We have used them many times.

I'm guessing that at some point they move the car before your cruise arrives back in Southampton as our car is always in an enclosure close to the terminal. I doubt it is parked there for the duration of the cruise but perhaps some one will know for sure.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what CPS (Cruise passenger services Southampton) does to make sure my car will start? or is it just a risk I'd need to take?

Thanks in advance.

Ruth xx

When you make a booking on the CPS website, you enter Cruiseline, Ship and cruise number from a drop down menu. Prior to paying an "extras" menu comes up allowing you to add on other things, one of these is SURE START at £23.95. Click the "i" for information on what exactly they do, if you are very concerned this may be an option for you.

I have had a problem in the past "Battery in Key went flat and would not open doors", the CPS guys contacted "Green Flag" my breakdown agency and got them to attend. CPS made no charge for doing this. If you are an AA/RAC or other rescue organisation member this is another option.

Regards John

Edited by john watson