Canary Islands in January

beanozak

My son and his partner are thinking of taking a cruise round the Canary Islands in January, I said I thought the seas would be quite choppy to rough in the winter in the Atlantic. Has anyone had first hand experience of a cruise round the Canary Islands in January/ February.

He is not a good sailor he is ok when to the seas are flat otherwise can be quite seasick.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

You might ask this on the boards of the cruise lines that sail there. Cunard, P&O-UK, Thomson, Fred Olsen, AIDA, Costa. I they sail from Soton there are likely to be rough seas in the Bay of Biscay, but I don't know about the Canaries. We were there in Nov. on a TA and didn't notice motion. EM

My son and his partner are thinking of taking a cruise round the Canary Islands in January, I said I thought the seas would be quite choppy to rough in the winter in the Atlantic. Has anyone had first hand experience of a cruise round the Canary Islands in January/ February.

He is not a good sailor he is ok when to the seas are flat otherwise can be quite seasick.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

We were there in November with calm seas, but the Atlantic is the Atlantic, you pays your money and takes your chance!

Archived