Island Princess

winowino

This will be my first cruise, and I'm nervous about choosing a cabin. It'll be on the Island Princess, Anchorage to Vancouver, 7 days in September. Which side of the ship should I choose, for best views when coming into ports?

The answer is about the same as that provided on your previous post. It is the captains discretion driven by a number of factors as to which way he docks the ship at port. It can vary from itinerary to itinerary and many ports the ship docks front in, which means either side will have a similar view. Besides you can always be on deck or elsewhere on board with a view of the port if your stateroom happens to be on a side other than that you prefer while docking.

It really shouldn't be a big issue and the views will most likely be very good from all parts of the ship. The bigger question would be with which direction the cruise is taking. If it is northerly to Alaska, the coastline will be on the starboard (right) side of the ship. If southerly from Alaska, it will be on the port (left) side of the ship. The views will be all around you in port but largely on the coast side during the cruise, with views on both sides during some parts of the passage.

Edited by leaveitallbehind