MSC orCarnival for 20 night cruise?

Life Jacket Guy

I will post in each separate forums but I wanted opinion on both not just a one sided view. Just curious why do you not consider MSC a luxury line? Were looking into a 20 night S. america to Europe cruise Aurora level Suite vs Carnival Legend G.S. from Australia to Hawaii. I have cruised carnival in the past and understand what they offer. Who should I be looking at? Oh and sorry if I sounded brash was not my intention.

Lifejacketguy,

Here is some info for your edification.

There are only a few luxury lines and they are: Seabourn, Silversea, Crystal, Regent and Sea Dream. Europa is also considered luxury. Some people like to refer to the grill rooms on Cunard as luxury but the rest of the ship is strictly mass market.

Than there are two deluxe lines a step below: Oceania and Azamara

Next comes Premium lines like Celebrity, Holland America and Princess.

And at the bottom of the rung are the mass market lines like Carnival, Royal Carribean, Norwegian, Costa, MSC, etc. These lines do not offer anything near the level of service and food and ambience that the luxury lines do

Think of the difference between staying in a Marriott Courtyard Inn and a Four Seasons. No matter ow large a room you have int he Courtyard Inn it will never be a Four Seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
Lifejacketguy,

Here is some info for your edification.

There are only a few luxury lines and they are: Seabourn, Silversea, Crystal, Regent and Sea Dream. Europa is also considered luxury. Some people like to refer to the grill rooms on Cunard as luxury but the rest of the ship is strictly mass market.

Than there are two deluxe lines a step below: Oceania and Azamara

Next comes Premium lines like Celebrity, Holland America and Princess.

And at the bottom of the rung are the mass market lines like Carnival, Royal Carribean, Norwegian, Costa, MSC, etc. These lines do not offer anything near the level of service and food and ambience that the luxury lines do

Think of the difference between staying in a Marriott Courtyard Inn and a Four Seasons. No matter ow large a room you have int he Courtyard Inn it will never be a Four Seasons.

I disagree with what you are saying about premium lines and mass market lines. I think they should be combined together. Just because a cruise line has a couple of formal nights, hands you a glass of cheap champagne when you board does not make it a "premium" line. Each different line try's to entice a certain age group. Is an inside cabin any better on HAL than NCL? Is a Ralph Lauran polo shirt purchased at Nordstrom's any better than one purchased at COSTCO? Is a BMW better than a Mustang? They both get you from point A to point B in relatively the same manor just a different driving experience. Carnival owns HAL . The cost of an identical cruise is about the same on both but they have a completely different cruising experience.