NY solos who cruise from NY terminal.

cruiseelady

Moved from Manhattan not long ago, but all of my cruises were out of Port Liberty and were wonderful! My favorite was the New England/Canadian Maritimes/Quebec City cruise during the fall leaf-peeping season.

Cruiseelady: I would absolutely recommend a Bermuda cruise if you've been thinking about it, and there are some eastern carib cruises that stop in Bermuda for a day on the way further south if you want more than one destination. The Bermuda only cruises are nice, you get plenty of time to explore the island in depth.

Edited by vespertino

Moved from Manhattan not long ago, but all of my cruises were out of Port Liberty and were wonderful! My favorite was the New England/Canadian Maritimes/Quebec City cruise during the fall leaf-peeping season.

Cruiseelady: I would absolutely recommend a Bermuda cruise if you've been thinking about it, and there are some eastern carib cruises that stop in Bermuda for a day on the way further south if you want more than one destination. The Bermuda only cruises are nice, you get plenty of time to explore the island in depth.

I am actually thinking of doing a Bermuda cruise in early June on Breakaway this year.

I would love to take a solo cruise....i usually go with my kids but I think they're getting tired of cruises (!!). I'm actually hesitant about going alone, not because I'm afraid, but because I might be bored doing everything by myself. Going on the Breakaway for the second time this July, can't wait!

Christina

I would love to take a solo cruise....i usually go with my kids but I think they're getting tired of cruises (!!). I'm actually hesitant about going alone, not because I'm afraid, but because I might be bored doing everything by myself. Going on the Breakaway for the second time this July, can't wait!

Christina

That's the benefit of solo cruising. You get to make all the decisions. Do what you want when you want. Want to be alone? You got it. Want to do things with others? No problem-- some cruise lines like NCL have solo meet-ups where solos can find dinner mates or someone to go on a shore excursion.

Joe

• 4 months later...

I live in Queens NY and have sailed on Carnival twice out of NYC. The cruises where great, the travel was awesome. Live down the block from the railroad. jumped on the 9:01 to Penn station, into a cab and was at the dock at 9:45. No heading down to FLA a day early, no hotel and no plane delays. And was on the Lido deck by 11:00. I'll be on the Vista November. The repositioning cruise to Miami.

So I thought why not start a thread to see how many New Yorkers are there who cruise solo and from NY terminal.

I figured maybe some of us actually like to meet and in a way get aquatinted with each other. That way we may cruise the same sailing but not as roommates. I mean just knowing someone on a cruise might be a bit more fun then not knowing anyone at all. Not that I am saying solo cruise is not fun :)

Hi cruiseelady, I usually stick with Carnival all the time and now I'm a Platinum member. I look at NCL cruises as well. Please convince me about trying one of them Are they better than Carnival? I did notice that they have a free beverage deal. What didn't you like about Carnival? Thanks for the info.

Hi cruiseelady, I usually stick with Carnival all the time and now I'm a Platinum member. I look at NCL cruises as well. Please convince me about trying one of them Are they better than Carnival? I did notice that they have a free beverage deal. What didn't you like about Carnival? Thanks for the info.

Ok, so I am going to try not to offend anyone but I used to travel with carnival all the time for two reason, price wise and that they used to sail from NY. Literally almost every single time I had problems with rude and inconsiderate people being extremely loud at night in their cabins. Nothing helped, not even calls to the front desk, they would send security over and then after a little bit the noise would start all over again.

There came a point that I could not take it anymore, and stopped going on Carnival. After not sailing on NCL for a while I went back to them, and so happy I did, not once had I had this problem with them or the people who sail NCL. MY favorite is NCL Breakaway, since it sails from NY and they are the best when it comes to bringing other solos together.

I am platinum on Carnival as well. I honestly don't know if I will ever go back. Maybe someday I will give it another try, who knows!

Edited by cruiseelady

Ok, so I am going to try not to offend anyone but I used to travel with carnival all the time for two reason, price wise and that they used to sail from NY. Literally almost every single time I had problems with rude and inconsiderate people being extremely loud at night in their cabins. Nothing helped, not even calls to the front desk, they would send security over and then after a little bit the noise would start all over again.

There came a point that I could not take it anymore, and stopped going on Carnival. After not sailing on NCL for a while I went back to them, and so happy I did, not once had I had this problem with them or the people who sail NCL. MY favorite is NCL Breakaway, since it sails from NY and they are the best when it comes to bringing other solos together.

I am platinum on Carnival as well. I honestly don't know if I will ever go back. Maybe someday I will give it another try, who knows!

Oh I'm sorry about that. I have been very lucky regarding noises. I always try to book a room in the middle of the ship and it works for me. I just rebooked my Bermuda trip on Carnival......

After sailing in a studio cabin for the first time this year, I doubt I will ever sail on RCCL or Carnival again as a solo. I love those little studios and the fact that there is a crew member dedicated to solos.

After sailing in a studio cabin for the first time this year, I doubt I will ever sail on RCCL or Carnival again as a solo. I love those little studios and the fact that there is a crew member dedicated to solos.

Happy to hear the positive feedback of the solos cabins on NCL

Will be sailing in one on the Breakaway this December

JetSet2B, Thanks so much. You just decided for me for next year cruising. I think I'll will go with NCL and try their solo deals. See how it works out for me.

Okay cruiseelady, I think I'm ready to try NCL next year and see how it works for me. Thanks again for your feedback. I love this board.

Just curious to what is your working definition of last minute? are we talking a month out from sailing or even closer than that?

About a week before a sailing date, but I have booked my two last cruises 2 days before sailing.

About a week before a sailing date, but I have booked my two last cruises 2 days before sailing.

didn't know you could book that close to sail date. i might have to try this one year.. do you find this works better in the northeast or out of places like florida?

didn't know you could book that close to sail date. i might have to try this one year.. do you find this works better in the northeast or out of places like florida?

I have found that the best last minute rates are from October through March and it does not really matter from where.

Last year in November I booked two days out of NY which was NCL Breakaway(7 day Bahamas/Florida), I got balcony guarantee for 599 not including taxes and fees. I was shocked to see what room that they assigned for me. Family mini suite with balcony.

This year in March I booked a 10 day cruise Panama Canal NCL Pearl from Miami. It was 499 inside guarantee. Also booked two days before sailing. I told my friend about it and he booked the next day, meaning the day before sailing, same rate as me.

Edited by cruiseelady

I have found that the best last minute rates are from October through March and it does not really matter from where.

Last year in November I booked two days out of NY which was NCL Breakaway(7 day Bahamas/Florida), I got balcony guarantee for 599 not including taxes and fees. I was shocked to see what room that they assigned for me. Family mini suite with balcony.

This year in March I booked a 10 day cruise Panama Canal NCL Pearl from Miami. It was 499 inside guarantee. Also booked two days before sailing. I told my friend about it and he booked the next day, meaning the day before sailing, same rate as me.

those are really good deals. I am going to have to be more open to doing last minute deals. thanks for the heads up.