Can I watch my family cave tube?

Aggies24

As of January 1st, height restrictions changed to 40 inches (which I googled and can't seem to find anything except a 48inch restriction from 2014. I hope it's 40 and not 48 like our guide says). Anyway, this means I can't take my 2 year old with us cave tubing. I know I'll get backlash for even thinking of taking him with us, but we are an adventurous family and have done far more extreme things than float on a tube down a lazy river. Anyway, I'd still really like to see the jungle and river while my husband and 4 other children are tubing. Are there areas I could watch them tube from? Is there an easy viewing area between the 1st and 2nd cave? Perhaps even trade my husband off between the 2nd and 3rd cave? We're booking through cavetubing.bz and I've asked them but they don't seem to understand what I'm asking. Thank you!!

You can probably walk along with them to the drop in point. Just clear it with your guides and have them point out some places to watch from as you head back tot he take out point. You will have to cross the river at one point and there's only a rope across to hold on too so be careful with your two year old when crossing. Do note that you will be coming back the same way you came and there will be other parties heading to the drop in point so you will be against traffic. and may or may not be able to get an assist if needed.

Also note that you will probably be paying for the full excursion, especially if it's a ship sponsored excursion. If using a private vendor, be sure to ask them about this issue when making reservations.

I've been researching this for my parents and came across this at cave tubing.bz

Age requirement for cave tubing?

No, we are very happy to have children on our tours. We have small tubes and life jackets for children, and very small children can ride on the lap of a parent, if they like. I have taken infants cave tubing before they can walk! Most of them really like it.

You can verify by emailing them:

info@cavetubing.bz

I was sad to see the new height requirement. It is the park that made that rule and not the tour companies, so they all have to abide by it :( It is so easy to float tandem with a little guy. I wonder if something bad happened and that brought about the changes?

• 3 weeks later...

That's great to know. We've had a hard time trying to figure out Belize with young children. I'm curious how this will work though, isn't most of the river caves? And will you just get out with your 2 year old while everyone else keeps going through the caves? Orbits it's different section of the river? Thanks!