Life jacket on excursions?

Mpls35

We are on NCL Star next week going to Western Caribbean. We have ship excursions booked to various beaches that have those floating trampolines, etc. My 7 year old is an okay swimmer; I wouldn't trust him in water over his head. Should I haul along a life jacket for him to use, or will there be some available? (FWIW- we are going to Passion Island in Cozumel; Tabyana in Roatan; Uvero Beach Club in Costa Maya) Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are none available, unless an "excursion" requires a floatation vest....like snorkeling... If you think your child needs one, bring it. The ones on the ship are only for a ship's emergency...you can't take them off board or use them in the pools.

We don't travel to the ocean without our lifejackets. Even my 8 year old who can swim very well is required to wear her's in the ocean. Definitely bring it because you can't guarantee they will have any there.

Anytime we've gone to those beach resorts with floating islands and stuff they had life jackets, two even required everyone use them. However this isn't the case for all of them so it's best to err on the side of caution and bring your own.

Guess it depends on the excursion / location. We picked up a life jacket for our 6 year old and we plan on bringing it to the beaches that we visit in port. We'll also bring it to the pool just because the pools will be busy so it's safer.