Ship time vs. Local Time

NicoleToussaint

I'm going to start booking some private shore excursions for my cruise in January. I know sometimes there is a difference between ship and local time. Would anyone be able to tell me the local times for my cruise? Thanks in advance!

St. Maarten 9am-6pm

St. Kitts 7am-5pm

San Juan 7am-2pm

Grand Turk 9am-5pm

I'm going to start booking some private shore excursions for my cruise in January. I know sometimes there is a difference between ship and local time. Would anyone be able to tell me the local times for my cruise? Thanks in advance!

St. Maarten 9am-6pm

St. Kitts 7am-5pm

San Juan 7am-2pm

Grand Turk 9am-5pm

The local time will be one hour ahead of the home port. The question is, will the ship move its clocks ahead one hour to match the local time? Unfortunately I can't answer that question.

That I know they do not do. The ships always stay on ship time. I was just curious if it was going to be the same as the local time. Someone told me St. Maarten doesnt observe daylight savings like we do so that might be the same?

"We" don't observe daylight saving time in January either. That is when the OP's cruise is, per the OP's signature.

I've been on cruises that have changed ship's time with the time zones, and on cruises that haven't. Be careful with this one.

I've also been on a cruise that changed time zones and ended DST the morning we were getting back to Miami. Like that wasn't confusing at all... :rolleyes:

Local time does NOT matter....all that matters is ship's time. Bring a watch...do NOT use your cell phone!! It will show local time...and set your watch to whatever the ship's clocks say. There are clocks at all exits!

If you're booking a private thing...your guide knows how this works...you go by SHIP'S TIME!