San Pedro Cruise transfer

mckennasmall

hello all, my name is Mike. I am 18 and going on my 5th cruise , but first cruise alone with my girlfriend. WE are both cheap college students. We got a Saphire Princess (may 15) 4 night cruise from LA-Vancouver( hometown) for both of us at 487, with everything included. I have included the price to show we are frugal students and looking for chaep transportation from LAX. We are staying near the airport. We have looked around and the cheapest transportation was 48$ for both of us. I have been to LA, before and comfortable with the train systems, I just don;t want to test them. ARe there any other chaeaper forms of transportation.

hello all, my name is Mike. I am 18 and going on my 5th cruise , but first cruise alone with my girlfriend. WE are both cheap college students. We got a Saphire Princess (may 15) 4 night cruise from LA-Vancouver( hometown) for both of us at 487, with everything included. I have included the price to show we are frugal students and looking for chaep transportation from LAX. We are staying near the airport. We have looked around and the cheapest transportation was 48$ for both of us. I have been to LA, before and comfortable with the train systems, I just don;t want to test them. ARe there any other chaeaper forms of transportation.
wow, you are both 18 and Princess will allow you to cruise? NMNita

I think the previous poster meant that Princess usually doesn't allow those under a specific age to book a cabin without someone over 21 (the exception would be for those who are married):

From the Princess website:

5. AGE REQUIREMENTS; DRINKING AGE; GAMING AGE; ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.

The minimum passenger age is 6 months on Alaska, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and Transcanal cruises, and 12 months on all other cruises. Passengers under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a Passenger over the age of 21. No alcohol may be purchased or consumed by any Passengers under the age of 21. No Passenger under the age of 21 shall be permitted to engage in any gaming activities on board the ship.

Are you sure there's a direct train that goes between LAX and San Pedro? There may be a shuttle bus, but I would definitely double check on that. If you're thinking of the Metrolink, make sure that you can take luggage aboard (unless you were able to fit everything within a backpack). Metrolink is basically a commuter line.

To take the train, you would have to take a bus ($3.50/person) to downtown LA at Union Station Amtrak (way out of your way), then get on the Metro Red line ($1.25/person), then transfer to the Blue line to Long Beach and then take a cab from there (about $20) to San Pedro. You could take the bus, but plan it taking you close to 3 hours to get to San Pedro from LAX.

You would do much better on a shuttle service.

http://www.supershuttle would be $17.00 each door to door and take you about 25 minutes without heavy traffic.

You should check with Princess NOW about the age issue. You could be turned away at the pier otherwise.

With regards to the age issue. they change age policy. I was informed actually through CC. I will look for the discussion on here. They are the only ones who offer this.

We booked this cruise through interline website( airline rewards website). When they booked it for us, they didn;t believe me about age policy. But they phoned and confirmed. Also when put in cruise passenger information there was no problem. So i am not that worried. So i ll try and find the discussion.

To the OP, you can cruise Princess, Cunard, Windjammer, Disney, Regent and Crystal at your age. I'm not sure if Disney would be your cup of tea, or bottle of beer so to speak, Cunard isn't one of those lines that attract many 20-somethings, and Crystal and Regent are luxury lines and very expensive, but you might want to check into Princess and Windjammer. Their rules are you must be age 18 or older to cruise without parent/guardian

Here I found it

wow, you are both 18 and Princess will allow you to cruise? NMNita

You know, the girlfriend's name could have been Mrs. Robinson - he didn't mention her age, after all.;)

To the OP: one of the shuttle services posted by springtxbill would probably be your best bet. The driver may circle the airport once or twice until the van fills up, but Prime Time will charge $32 for the two of you; Super Shuttle will charge $34.

Archived