Not a very active board

bplazo

I have watched this Star Clipper forum for a few years. The Clipper forum is remarkably quiet. There are some advantages for those few individuals who know what they want....and do not like a crowded boat. They would prefer to say nothing.

Still, this forum seems far too quiet for all that. I am sure somebody knows. And maybe it is better not to dig too deep into this little mystery.

And maybe it is better not to dig too deep into this little mystery.

No mystery at all.

Star Clippers are a small cruise line with lovely ships and well-traveled and educated passengers.

Our favorite cruise ever was aboard the Royal Clipper. We are waiting for our children to age a few years and then plan to return.

I believe this may be my 3rd post to this board.

Never felt a reason to post here. The website and cruise documents are very informative so haven't a need to post and ask questions.

If you look at other more active boards a large percentage of the posts are things that can easily be answered the ship websites. For example: how much are tips, what time is breakfast, what do I wear for dinner, do I need a Passport...And the same questions are asked and answered every day.

Edited by Lerin

I would love to be able to ask questions about specific ports or excursions. Some ports have lots of helpful information on the ports board, while other ports and tendering situation is very different from big ocean liners. No worries though. We're on vacation.

Well, if you can't find them here, you can go to the ports of call forum here. Of course, that may not help you re tendering from smaller ships. But from my experience on Star Clippers and Windstar ships, the tenders are quality, but you will get some wet landings and some dry ones. If signing up for an excursion, it's always good to ask, if that matters to you.