Drink package questions

Hi there,

I haven't cruised myself with RCI for two years so just wanted a bit of a refresher / insight from recent travelers!

With the drink packages, it used to be that all passengers in the room needed to have the package, you couldn't select just one passenger etc. When I logged into the cruise personalised, it seems to allow you to pick which traveler wants the drink package. Is it no longer mandatory for all passengers in the room to have the beverage package?

Ofcourse the drink packages are for one traveler only and sharing the package is frowned upon, however just wanted to get some honest feedback please. I am asking on behalf of a "casual drinker". If her husband has the drink package, can he buy her a glass of wine at a bar on the way to the dining room, and then use his card 10 minutes later in the dining room to buy himself a glass of wine? Is there a waiting time between purchases?

I found that on Celebrity, if you had the package you could order yourself a wine and also a soft drink or water at the same time. Does RCI also let you do this or strictly one drink at a time?

Thank you for your help :)

Hi there,

I haven't cruised myself with RCI for two years so just wanted a bit of a refresher / insight from recent travelers!

With the drink packages, it used to be that all passengers in the room needed to have the package, you couldn't select just one passenger etc. When I logged into the cruise personalised, it seems to allow you to pick which traveler wants the drink package. Is it no longer mandatory for all passengers in the room to have the beverage package?

Ofcourse the drink packages are for one traveler only and sharing the package is frowned upon, however just wanted to get some honest feedback please. I am asking on behalf of a "casual drinker". If her husband has the drink package, can he buy her a glass of wine at a bar on the way to the dining room, and then use his card 10 minutes later in the dining room to buy himself a glass of wine? Is there a waiting time between purchases?

I found that on Celebrity, if you had the package you could order yourself a wine and also a soft drink or water at the same time. Does RCI also let you do this or strictly one drink at a time?

Royal no longer requires all guests in a stateroom to get the same (or any) beverage package. No waiting time between drinks. One drink at a time, however they may let you have a bottled water with a drink.

Hi there,

Everyone in the room does not have to buy a drink package.

Sharing of the drink packages is not allowed, it will only hurt the honest people. She can purchase her drinks with her seapass card and pay for her drinks at the end of the cruise. Each adult over 21 can each take a bottle of wine on the ship with them, a limit of 2 bottles per room. Up to 750 ML.

As far as I know, there is no time limit between drinks.

You can order a drink and a bottle of water at the same time.

Royal no longer requires all guests in a stateroom to get the same (or any) beverage package. No waiting time between drinks. One drink at a time, however they may let you have a bottled water with a drink.

Everyone in the room does not have to buy a drink package.

Sharing of the drink packages is not allowed, it will only hurt the honest people. She can purchase her drinks with her seapass card and pay for her drinks at the end of the cruise. Each adult over 21 can each take a bottle of wine on the ship with them, a limit of 2 bottles per room. Up to 750 ML.

As far as I know, there is no time limit between drinks.

You can order a drink and a bottle of water at the same time.

Thank you for your feedbacks. If there are four adults in a room, can you take four bottles of wine? Or just the two per room?

Thank you

Hi there,

As far as I remember, you never had to get a drink package for each person.

Basically, RCCL trust that you won't steal from them. Another cruise line expects that theft will happen, and requires everyone to get the package. By posting these kinds of questions, you are opening up and advertising that you are interested in stealing. To give you an example, recently in the news, a group of people at a local McDonald's was arrested for stealing soda. They asked for a water cup, and went to get soda. So for the casual drinker, you should purchase rather than steal. My guess is if you can afford the cruise, airlines and a drink package, than another $100.00 for the casual drinker should not be an issue.

As long as you have a second card to show that it is someone's else's drink, than yes.

Basically, all your questions indicate one item, and it is not recommend by the many other cruisers who would sincerely not like their packages changed to compensate for those that like to take what they did not pay for.

Basically, all your questions indicate one item, and it is not recommend by the many other cruisers who would sincerely not like their packages changed to compensate for those that like to take what they did not pay for.

Thank you, my partner and I are planning to get a package each as I mentioned in my original post but was asking for other travelers in my group.

The realistic thing is that people do tend to share packages and I was wondering honestly how effective this was for one traveler that drinks a lot and one casual drinker, to share a package for an odd drink here and there.

Thanks for your time.

Thank you, my partner and I are planning to get a package each as I mentioned in my original post but was asking for other travelers in my group.

The realistic thing is that people do tend to share packages and I was wondering honestly how effective this was for one traveler that drinks a lot and one casual drinker, to share a package for an odd drink here and there.

Thanks for your time.

Sharing a package is not allowed and it is wrong. If the casual drinker wants a drink, he/she should PAY FOR IT, not ask someone else to steal it for him/her.

Thanks for your time.

I drink more than enough to justify the package. My wife does not.

We pay a la carte for her drinks. It saves us money by only buying one package and is the right thing to do. Sharing packages just runs the risk of potentially hurting the innocent people who don't share.