Norway Late Season Weather

bee-ess

Thinking of booking a 7 day Norway Cruise in Late August/Early September. I think that this is probably late on the season for Norway. I'm wondering if the weather will be OK then - has anyone got any experience of cruising there that late.

Thinking of booking a 7 day Norway Cruise in Late August/Early September. I think that this is probably late on the season for Norway. I'm wondering if the weather will be OK then - has anyone got any experience of cruising there that late.

We were there mid-late August, bee-ess, and the weather was just like typical British summer weather. Av. temps were high teens/low 20s. Several days started out coolish, damp and drizzly, so we were wearing lightweight waterproofs, thin fleeces/sweaters, T-shirts and jeans, then improved into the afternoon and was warm enough to be in T-shirt sleeves. I don't think the weather changes much into early Sept and you could be lucky!

Our first fiords cruise ( our first ever cruise) left on the first Saturday in September (2010). We had smooth seas and pleasant warm dry weather in Norway. I've been much colder and much wetter on subsequent trips earlier in the year. Our excursion to the 'tropical' garden was pure bliss. Sunshine and palm trees!

We went on one early September in 2003. The weather was OK, a mixture of sun, cloud and rain, with temperatures ranging from 15 degrees C to 5 degrees C. It was decidedly cold first thing in the morning (6pm!) when we got up early to see entry up the fjord to Flamm!! Took 2 hrs and we were frozen by the time we docked! However, it was well worth it.

Norway is stunning whatever the weather (apart from teeming rain!).

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Thanks, thats reassured me. Have cruised to Norway before twice, once in June and once in July and had good weather both times. The cruise we are considering is 26th of August for a week on Britannia.

The other consideration is how many children will be on board as it is still school hols.

T

The other consideration is how many children will be on board as it is still school hols.

A lot!!

When we were on her before a half term we were told that 700 were boarding for the following week!

Thanks, thats reassured me. Have cruised to Norway before twice, once in June and once in July and had good weather both times. The cruise we are considering is 26th of August for a week on Britannia.

There might not be sooo many children, as the fjords cruises tend to attract families somewhat less than the Med/Canaries cruises. Even if there are, they are usually kept well occupied in the clubs and might not be using the pools so much if the weather's typical Norway. Hope you have a lovely time.

We did 2 weeks on the Indy a few years back - 1st 2 weeks of September. Mostly pleasant weather not mega hot but warmish. In Flam we had rain but it was light drizzle.

I'd sail again at that time of year.