What's the best way to go to Rose Hall from Falmouth?

mconthehighseas

I saw that Royal Caribbean has this as an excursion, but their price is higher than Resort for a Day. They also don't say what ages qualify for their children's rate. The excursion is only 4 hours, including transportation time to and from port.

ResortforADay gives more information, but their website doesn't say how long they let you stay at Rose Hall.

I've seen people post that they booked day passes directly with Hilton, and then used cabs. I would love to be able to go our own schedule, and not have to wait for a large group to be organized, so this sounds the most appealling.

So which cab company would you recommend to go to Rose Hall?

To contact Rose Hall, do you contact the hotel directly or is there a place on line to do this?

If this can't be done for some reason, we will probably try resortforaday. How long do they let you stay at Rose Hall?

I am interested if anyone has recommendations about any other way to get there, or about the way's I mentioned.

We went to Rose Hall with resort for a day a couple of years ago. I should preface my comments by saying that neither my wife or I drink alcohol and it was her birthday.

The coach they picked us up with was very nice and on time. There was a 15 or 20 minute delay leaving because we waited on folks that did not know how to tell time. Personally I felt we should have left on time but we didn't. Check in at the resort was no big deal. The property is very, very nice. The main pool sits between the tower and the beach. A short walk through the grounds takes you to the lazy river, water slide pool which has a swim up bar. The food provided was average buffet food. Nothing special. It wasn't especially crowded, the restrooms were very clean as was the entire property. The actual time at the resort was about 4 hours.

For us, we just didn't think it was a very good value. We have talked about flying down for a week stay. The truth is, if it hadn't been my wife's birthday we never would have paid what they ask for a pass.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that Royal Caribbean has this as an excursion, but their price is higher than Resort for a Day. They also don't say what ages qualify for their children's rate. The excursion is only 4 hours, including transportation time to and from port.

ResortforADay gives more information, but their website doesn't say how long they let you stay at Rose Hall.

I've seen people post that they booked day passes directly with Hilton, and then used cabs. I would love to be able to go our own schedule, and not have to wait for a large group to be organized, so this sounds the most appealling.

So which cab company would you recommend to go to Rose Hall?

To contact Rose Hall, do you contact the hotel directly or is there a place on line to do this?

If this can't be done for some reason, we will probably try resortforaday. How long do they let you stay at Rose Hall?

I am interested if anyone has recommendations about any other way to get there, or about the way's I mentioned.

Hi we have this booked for our upcoming cruise. Booked direct with the Hilton for a Day Room on line - cost for the 4 of us $302 - Transfer booked with Reggae Tours - $80 return for the 4 of us - Total $382 - we can choose our own transfer times - ie get there before the resort for the day shuttle and cruise shuttle and return when we want. Also have use of the room if needed. This seemed to work out much more economical.

Thank you RJ! Do you have web addresses that you would like to pass on for booking those? I didn't see anything on the Hilton website. so that's why I am asking.

Hi Reggae Tours is http://www.reggaetourz.com/

For the Rose Hilton - if you just go on their website

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/jamaica/hilton-rose-hall-resort-and-spa-MBJRHHF/index.html

And then in the bookings to a check in and check out for the same date it will bring up the day room rates :)

wondering the same. will be in fanmouth on july 14 and interested in visiting the Hilton resort. the tour rate on royal carribean is pretty high. if i purchase the day pass directly from Hilton it's $85 per adult. how much would a taxi be from the port to the resort?

We've done it through resort for a day which included transportation. I imagine a taxi would be pretty pricey as it's about a 30-45 minute ride to get there from Falmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree, I think it's best to use Resort for a Day so if your ship changes itineraries or doesn't dock you're covered. It's less than Royal Caribbean's pricing and they include the roundtrip transfers from the company that is on site at the Hilton. It would be about a 20-30 minute taxi ride from the Falmouth pier to the Hilton Rose Hall. "Rose Hall" is like the city or district name that the Hilton Property is located.

We've done it through resort for a day which included transportation. I imagine a taxi would be pretty pricey as it's about a 30-45 minute ride to get there from Falmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We went to Rose Hall a year and a half ago through RCL. The shuttle was almost an hour late leaving which meant our time was shortened. Everyone on the shuttle was really upset. It was at least a 40 minute ride. We would only go there through resort for a day because it is cheaper and more reliable. We have used RF a Day since our trip to Rose Hall. The day we went to RH it was opened to the Jamaica teachers and their families , so it was pretty crowded. However, we had so much fun...the slide was a big hit and it was so hilarious watching everyone trying to get off the inner tube at the end of the slide!! The drinks were good, but the food was just so-so. Happy Cruising! 101 days for us for our cruise to the Southern Caribbean:)