Hotel in Venice - Easy walkin from de vaporetto

Charlot11

I know there are a lot of thread talking about Venice, I spent 3 or 4 hours reading one and another:o. But what I am looking for is an hotel in Venice (not in Mestre or Lido), easy walking with big luggages for a cruise, near a vaporetto stop or reachable with the Alilaguna or water taxi.

Somebody can help me?

There are literally dozens (maybe more then a hundred) various places near various Vaporetto and Aililagna stops. Since you have given no price range, part of Venice you prefer, etc. its really hard to make a recommendation. But keep in mind that taking large luggage on a crowded Vaporetto is not everyone's idea of fun. The few hotels in the Piazale Roma (i.e. Santa Chiara, Ca Doge, etc) are certainly the most convenient since you can simply take the inexpensive ATVO express bus from the airport to the P. Roma. If you want to use vaporettos to get to any hotel you would first have to go to the P. Roma (from the airport) to even access a vaporetto stop. There is an Alilaguna Line (Blu) that does go from the airport to a few Venice stops without having to change boats.

Hank

Hotel Locanda Salieri near Piazzale de Roma on quiet side canal . Good in house trattoria and other eateries nearby . Three minutes walk to Piazzale de Roma and Grand Canal for Vaporettos # 1 and # 2 down Grand Canal . 5 minutes walk to St Lucia station .

Book on line direct via hotel website to avoid paying middleman commissions .

Ù

There are literally dozens (maybe more then a hundred) various places near various Vaporetto and Aililagna stops. Since you have given no price range, part of Venice you prefer, etc. its really hard to make a recommendation. But keep in mind that taking large luggage on a crowded Vaporetto is not everyone's idea of fun. The few hotels in the Piazale Roma (i.e. Santa Chiara, Ca Doge, etc) are certainly the most convenient since you can simply take the inexpensive ATVO express bus from the airport to the P. Roma. If you want to use vaporettos to get to any hotel you would first have to go to the P. Roma (from the airport) to even access a vaporetto stop. There is an Alilaguna Line (Blu) that does go from the airport to a few Venice stops without having to change boats.

Hank

Thank you everybody. The list map is helping. We will arrive at the Airport. Now we hesitate between 2 hotels. Very different places for both. The Hilton Molino (is the Alilaguna stop near this hotel?) and The Rialto. The Hilton is very far but if the Alilaguna stop near for the luggage transport we wil opt for this one.

The Rialto, it is his location that makes me hesitate... Could you help me with this?

In fact, i don't want to take the vaporetto with luggages. I want the one closest to the Alilaguna bus stop... But my heart goes with the Rialto.

Last question : to go to the port to take the HAL ship, what should we take? A taxi bus? (Always remember "the luggage thing")?

Edited by Charlot11

As I mentioned above, the Blue Line Alilaguna stops at most 50 feet from the front door of the hotel. Couldn't be much easier. The Blue Line also goes to the main cruise ship terminal...the next stop after the Hilton.

The hotel provides a free water shuttle to couple of locations on the main Venice Island. Very nice place.

Edited by CruiserBruce

As I mentioned above, the Blue Line Alilaguna stops at most 50 feet from the front door of the hotel. Couldn't be much easier. The Blue Line also goes to the main cruise ship terminal...the next stop after the Hilton.

The hotel provides a free water shuttle to couple of locations on the main Venice Island. Very nice place.

Many thanks CruiserBruce. It will be the Hilton. :):):):)

We took a cruise from Venice in 2013. We took the airport bus into Venice. We stayed at the Santa Chiara Hotel. You get off the bus and cross the street and there is the hotel. No bridges to cross. There is an elevator. The breakfast buffet was plentiful. There is a little supermarket for things you may have forgotten. I bought my hair spray and little things I didn't want to pack. the supermarket is within a short walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is at the end of the canal so you can get the full tour on the ride up to St Marks Square. We had such a beautiful room that faced the canal that intersects two waterways and two windows we could open and get the full feeling of Venice. We would stay there again.