Shuttle to Church Bay?

parasailor

My wife and I will be going from the Dockyard to Church Bay. In case the #7 bus line is very long, does the Horseshoe Bay Shuttle stop at Church Bay? I saw a post suggesting it did, but would like to be sure.

thanks for any information.

My wife and I will be going from the Dockyard to Church Bay. In case the #7 bus line is very long, does the Horseshoe Bay Shuttle stop at Church Bay? I saw a post suggesting it did, but would like to be sure.

thanks for any information.

The Horseshoe Bay Shuttle is a roundtrip Minibus service to Horseshoe Bay. That makes no stops.

The public buses that run on #7 there are the regular service buses that make every stop and go on to Hamilton and there are the Special buses that go to Horseshoe Bay and go no farther. There is only one line. They won't allow the regular bus to fill up because they leave seats for the local passengers who get on later. The Special Bus is for cruise ship passengers.The Special Bus might let you off at Church Bay, just ask before you get on and make sure so the driver stops for you. I was on a Special Bus in June and they did let passengers off at Somerset, Church Bay and Gibbs before we got to Horseshoe.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks Charles and Biker. Does the Special bus leave the Dockyard from the same spot as the 7?

Years ago, one of the charms of the 7 was seeing little kids in their school unfiroms board the bus with excellent manners--my wife and I wished US kids were as polite.

Thanks Charles and Biker. Does the Special bus leave the Dockyard from the same spot as the 7?

Years ago, one of the charms of the 7 was seeing little kids in their school unfiroms board the bus with excellent manners--my wife and I wished US kids were as polite.

It is the same spot at the Dockyard for the #7 or the Special Bus. Unless you leave late there will likely be more people waiting than can get on one bus. It can be a little confusing for those not going to Horseshoe at that spot but there is a bus dispatcher who attempts to facilitate loading and who will only allow a certain amount on the regular #7. I think going to Church Bay they will have you go on the Special if can't get on a regular #7 since the Special I was on did stop there but I don't want to guarantee that to you. Ask before you board. If you do get on a Special and it does not stop until Horseshoe you could backtrack from Horseshoe to Church Bay by catching a local bus back at the Horseshoe Bay stop. Our bus actually went past Horseshoe and turned around and dropped us off at the stop on the same side as the beach which means it was going back to the Dockyard.