Questions about Pride of America deck 13 suites

misslyss1220

Hi all! DH's aunt and uncle are going on a Hawaii cruise on the POA and they invited us to come along. We're contemplating a suite because we looooved our suite on the Pearl, and they are staying in a deck 13 suite.

Has anyone stayed in any of the suites on deck 13, and if so, did you like them? Was there alot of motion being on the front of the ship, and towards the top of the ship? Pros? Cons? Anything? :rolleyes: Thank you for any info!

Cruise deck plans dot com have a lot of pics of suites on deck 13, so which category r u looking at and I'll see if I can post some pic.

As for motion there is very little on this cruise unless rare weather happens. The ship hugs the coast line most of the journey.

Edited by FranknBeans

We stayed on 12 but I did walk through 13. It is very quiet there. No evidence that they changed anything on those rooms during the recent drydock but they were only added a couple years ago.

We were forward and the whole trip was very smooth.

Cruise deck plans dot com have a lot of pics of suites on deck 13, so which category r u looking at and I'll see if I can post some pic.

As for motion there is very little on this cruise unless rare weather happens. The ship hugs the coast line most of the journey.

Thanks! Looking at category SH (specifically cabins 13510,12,14,16).

Good to know about the motion. I figured there wouldn't be much. DH and I rarely get motion sick, but we were just wondering.

We stayed on 12 but I did walk through 13. It is very quiet there. No evidence that they changed anything on those rooms during the recent drydock but they were only added a couple years ago.

We were forward and the whole trip was very smooth.

Thanks for the info! Yeah deck 13 seems like it's just floating in its own little world, lol. We like quiet :)

Good to know about the motion. I figured there wouldn't be much. DH and I rarely get motion sick, but we were just wondering.

For some reason I cant get them to upload sorry.

Edited by FranknBeans

Thanks for the info! Yeah deck 13 seems like it's just floating in its own little world, lol. We like quiet :)

Those rooms you are looking at should be good - I'd avoid the x20 x22 rooms that face the pool due to lack of privacy and possible noise.

We stayed in the OS on deck 12. The entrance is kind of hidden and looks like a staff entrance, very quiet. It has a bank of elevators that aren't often used because it is hidden. It is also a quick jaunt to the pool bar and buffet.

I would only recommend to try to get a room on the port side as they get a great view of Kauai coast. Deck 13 would be very similar I would imagine but would stay away from those that face the pool.

Jan

Hi all! DH's aunt and uncle are going on a Hawaii cruise on the POA and they invited us to come along. We're contemplating a suite because we looooved our suite on the Pearl, and they are staying in a deck 13 suite.

Has anyone stayed in any of the suites on deck 13, and if so, did you like them? Was there alot of motion being on the front of the ship, and towards the top of the ship? Pros? Cons? Anything? :rolleyes: Thank you for any info!

We stayed in portside 13516 last May. As others have mentioned, VERY quiet, with the exception of the Na'Pali Coast sailby with many pax huddled in small groups on the deck above us (this cabin is one of the BEST in terms of viewing). In terms of motion, we felt quite a bit while sailing from Oahu to Maui, and had to put our luggage in the closet doors to keep them from slamming back and forth all night. They might want to look into stronger reinforcements for the forward cabins in the future, but other than that I loved the motion. lol

We stayed in one (13002) - LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!

Had no problem with motion. We had Chris as our Butler and it looks like he is still the butler for these suites (saw a picture about 2 weeks ago of him in the room being the butler).

Con is that you are hardly EVER in the room so you don't get to enjoy it as much as if you were on a ship with sea days. But that is the only con I can come up with. Oh yes, there is a scale in the bathroom, DON'T step on it when the ship is moving... the weight will be WAY off, and not in your favor LOL!

Also, if you want a better view of the Na'Pali Coast sailby - pick 13502, not 13002.

Edited by Imalismom

Those rooms you are looking at should be good - I'd avoid the x20 x22 rooms that face the pool due to lack of privacy and possible noise.

I have heard differ on those rooms... noise not an issue, the doors are pretty well sealed when closed... privacy... they change the balcony to have smoked glassed instead of clear... and with these busy itinerary.. sitting on the balcony will be done later at night.

We were in 13508 May 2015 it was a very quiet suite. Everything about it was huge, there was a dining table, sofa, easy chair and a king bed. The bathroom was just as big as my bathroom at home and the balcony was gigantic. The balcony was partially covered with a canvas type top which I believe what was making some noise at night from the wind. We only saw the butler for a few minutes the first day we never really needed him for anything. The room steward was wonderful.

Edited by Lorey2007

We decided yesterday and booked #13506 :D Thanks everyone for all of your help!!!!

Lorey, I wanted #13508 (closer to the middle of the deck) but it was already taken. #13506 is the same layout. Glad you liked the room; it sounds great! We are very excited.

Anyone have any pictures/information, etc on 13518?

Here are some pictures that we took and I found online of 13518 when we were in it back in March of 2014. Also the virtual tour on NCL for the Penthouse Suites for the SF shows the room. Sorry I don't have any bathroom pictures but it had the jetted tub with the shower and a single sink.

10154368_10202660142678330_1843594837_n.jpg.7357c6573e0dab8d7260078b969f83fe.jpg

983612_10202660143038339_1208867053_n.jpg.9dd9de2de6d0955c326c79471255d689.jpg

314121387058157.jpg.3b9a1b5089d5bd9ed08a7ce1f6d063fb.jpg