Island Breeze shuttle

punkybett

I booked a shuttle with Island Breeze shuttle for Jan but now I'm not getting any replies to emails and no one answers the phones. Starting to panic, as we need a shuttle with car seats for little ones. Anyone used this company lately?

Hope you haven't paid them anything. I read in another post that they are no longer in business. They had to find someone else. Hope I'm wrong but you better have back up.:eek:

Hopefully someone else can tell you more.

Thanks. No they didn't charge me anything, I'm sure they must have closed their business, but a notification would have been nice. Anyway we have found another company, galveston-shuttle.com, who seem very helpful and have child carseats.

Thanks. No they didn't charge me anything, I'm sure they must have closed their business, but a notification would have been nice. Anyway we have found another company, galveston-shuttle.com, who seem very helpful and have child carseats.

I called Island Breeze about a month ago. I reached a very pleasant lady on the first try. I asked about the previous reports that they were defunct. She said a previous owner suddenly bailed out a few months ago, and the business is now operating under new ownership. Since she sounded professional enough I accepted that explanation and booked a reservation with Island Breeze in January. Like you, I was not asked to pay anything upfront, though they did take a credit card number to hold the reservation. I was told I'd get a confirmation by email one week prior.

Hearing that you have not been able to contact them is troubling me. I will call after the holiday. Meanwhile, I'll have a back up plan.

I booked a shuttle with Island Breeze shuttle for Jan but now I'm not getting any replies to emails and no one answers the phones. Starting to panic, as we need a shuttle with car seats for little ones. Anyone used this company lately?

yesterday, I called Island Breeze a few times, and nobody answered. I left a message, but nobody returned my call yesterday or this morning. so, I made alternate plans. I called this afternoon, planning to leave a message canceling my reservation. you guessed it somebody did answer today and politely took my reservation.

Here's my new plan:

I have a one way Avis rental car picking up at IAH (Bush) and returning to Texas City location the day of the cruise. we will enjoy having my own wheels the day prior to the cruise. On cruise day, for a fifty dollar fee, the rental car company will drive me from Texas City and drop me at the Galveston port. .

Avis /Budget uses the rentals car to do this and the fee is fifty dollars per rental car driven by employee to port. so if one wishes to save some $, one can arrange to carpool with other pre-cruise drivers (especially if those drivers have already dropped their baggage and families at the port, to fit more drivers in the carpool rental car to port).

In my case, the car rental is inexpensive (less than $50 total). So the rental fee and fifty bucks for ride to port (even if I do not share) is actually less money than combo of shuttle from IAH to Galveston hotel and then shuttle from holel to port.

Edited by Starry Eyes

yesterday, I called Island Breeze a few times, and nobody answered. I left a message, but nobody returned my call yesterday or this morning. so, I made alternate plans. I called this afternoon, planning to leave a message canceling my reservation. you guessed it somebody did answer today and politely took my reservation.

Here's my new plan:

I have a one way Avis rental car picking up at IAH (Bush) and returning to Texas City location the day of the cruise. we will enjoy having my own wheels the day prior to the cruise. On cruise day, for a fifty dollar fee, the rental car company will drive me from Texas City and drop me at the Galveston port. .

Avis /Budget uses the rentals car to do this and the fee is fifty dollars per rental car driven by employee to port. so if one wishes to save some $, one can arrange to carpool with other pre-cruise drivers (especially if those drivers have already dropped their baggage and families at the port, to fit more drivers in the carpool rental car to port).

In my case, the car rental is inexpensive (less than $50 total). So the rental fee and fifty bucks for ride to port (even if I do not share) is actually less money than combo of shuttle from IAH to Galveston hotel and then shuttle from holel to port.

And.... then comming back after the cruise?

• 3 months later...
How much were the transfers??

If I recall correctly, the cruise line transfer from Galveston port to IAH was about $47 per person. Not cheap, but they did get us to the airport in a timely fashion and transfer bus was comfortable enough.

I booked Island Breeze shuttle just last week for May cruise. Spoke with a woman who took my info and called me back when she a written down my email wrong. I have received my confirmation from them. Doesn't seem like there are any issues with them being closed. Website is informative also.