Motor, Montenegro.

Can anyone provide me with information about the port of Kotor, Montenegro.

It will be our first visit to Kotor, and any information would be really appreciated.

Is the port close to the town ?

Could we walk or would we need to take a taxi or public transport ?

Is it possible to take a trip to Budva on our own, or is there enough to see in Kotor?

Also are there any nice beaches close by, so we could spend some of the day there.

Thank you.

Try this LINK or the 'Search this Forum' feature --located in upper right corner of the Forum page(under the page# bar) using the keyword 'Kotor'.

There are a lot of threads therein that may provide some of the answers to your general questions, as well as other helpful information about the port.

Try this LINK or the 'Search this Forum' feature --located in upper right corner of the Forum page(under the page# bar) using the keyword 'Kotor'. There are a lot of threads therein that may provide some of the answers to your general questions, as well as other helpful information about the port.

Yes, good to do a use of the helpful "search" function on these boards. Below you can connect with my postings and many pictures for added ideas as to ALL that can be in this scenic and historic area. Just post on that thread and I am happen to follow-up and answer any additional questions. Below are a few pictures to fire up your excitement for visiting Kotor and nearby.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 33,527 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

For Kotor, I got up at 5 am for the sail-in through their wonderfully scenic fjords, etc. Below is one picture from the front of the ship on that early path through these narrow areas to reach Kotor as the sun is rising. We tendered at 7 am near their tender docking pier. It was a short, easy tender to arrive on land for our bus tour.:

KotorSailInSunriseWatching.jpg

Here’s our driver going to up, back and forth, through twenty-seven serpentine twists and turns to rise up the 4000’ high mountain above Kotor as we headed to the old Royal Capital of Cetinje. You can see our cruise ship down below tendered in the scenic harbor.:

KotorBusDriverHarbor.jpg

Here is one view in the old Royal Capital of Cetinje with its various buildings connected to when it was the smallest capital of a Europe nation.:

KotorCapitalStoneBldgs.jpg

We toured the various rooms in the old residence for the King of Montenegro and there were many interesting items, including connections with the Russian Czars.:

KotorCapitalRoomInterior1.jpg

In Budva, here is a view of a church and its tower within its walled, historic area. This coastal town, overall, including outside the walled area, now has about 18,000 inhabitants. This Budvanska coastal area is the heart of Montenegro's tourism. The area is well known for its sandy beaches, diverse nightlife and charming Mediterranean architecture. Budva, as a settlement, is 3,500 years old, one of the oldest on the Adriatic coast. :

KotorBudvaChurches.jpg

This is the walled gate as we entered Kotor to see in various historic buildings, many churches and shops. YES, they have lots of shops, whether needed or not!!:

KotorMainEntrancePalms.jpg

Kotor is just delightful. You Are docked right at the port. It's a very interesting port. We went to Budva first visit and then the church on the island and city walking tour second time. You must get up early and watch the sail in, it's one of the nicest sail ins to capture in the morning, Jean.

Many thanks for all the info, photos and videos.

I think I've got my day sorted out, I will a temp to reach the castle.

You need to add a little fitness workout during a cruise.

Looks beautiful.

Thanks.