Suggestions?

lauraodonnell86

We are headed here on a cruise in about 3 weeks! I'm looking for a couple of things from my fellow cruise critic friends.

First of all, we are looking for the BEST beach to visit on the island during the day. We love hanging out in the water and on the beach and drinking a few beers. Have seen good things about Cabana Beach and Mambo Beach. Anyone been to these?

Secondly, we are going to be in port until 11pm. Is there a great restaurant on the beach or with a beautiful view that isn't too pricey?

Done a little bit of looking around but haven't found much. Thanks for any tips!

We are headed here on a cruise in about 3 weeks! I'm looking for a couple of things from my fellow cruise critic friends.

First of all, we are looking for the BEST beach to visit on the island during the day. We love hanging out in the water and on the beach and drinking a few beers. Have seen good things about Cabana Beach and Mambo Beach. Anyone been to these?

Secondly, we are going to be in port until 11pm. Is there a great restaurant on the beach or with a beautiful view that isn't too pricey?

Done a little bit of looking around but haven't found much. Thanks for any tips!

Mambo is a man made beach with calm water , huge pool and nice facilities. Not the nicest beach on the island in my opinion, but we don't use pool or cabanas. Cabana beach is part of a long stretch of mambo beach. For restaurant on the beach try one of the Plaza Hotel restaurants which are just across the pier on the other side of the floating bridge.

If you want a fantastic locals restaurant on the water, go to Sea Side Terrace near the Sunscape Resort. Dining al fresco on the water. Sea food comes from the boat to the kitchen - a converted shipping container. It is the most fantastic experience!!

Do u remember the cost for chairs and umbrella? Where do u pay for this? Do u know how much for kids on the water climbing things?

I just called to get latest info. Beach enter fee $3 per person , chairs $3 each, umbrella $10, kids water jump and climbing $10 all day bracelet.

There is an entrance by sea aquarium where you purchase tickets. Also they walk around and collect entry fee if they miss you.

Edited by ODECCIT

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to thank you all for the tips!! Just returned home and had an amazing time of course.

In Bonaire, we did a snorkel trip with Renee. If you google her, you will easily find it. She is a marine biologist and the snorkeling was amazing! Best we've done.

In Aruba, we visited Eagle Beach. We took the city bus which was $5 per person round trip. Great beach! Chairs and umbrellas are expensive though around $30.

Curacao was by far our favorite. It is SUCH a neat town. We took the city bus to Mambo beach for $2 a person round trip. It was about 20 to 25 min to get to the bus stop across the floating bridge and through the town a bit. But worth it when a taxi was going to be $40! Only had to pay $7 a person for chairs at the beach and it came with a free water or soda!

At night, we walked to the Waterfront Arches and ate at Perla Del Mar. I would 100% recommend this restaurant! Great food right on the water while the waves are crashing in!

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from our cruise and we did go to Mambo beach. I thought the pool was included in the price of chairs and umbrella but we were quickly kicked out of the pool and told that it was 20 dollars per person to use it. So just beware that you cannot use the pool at mambo beach.