Airfare from Seattle or Westcoast??

mike0mike

Hi, I'm cruising in October 2015 from SJ. I'm wondering what are some good prices for flights? I would preferably want to take a red-eye on the way there. Right now those flights are around $550, good price or wait?

We did the southern caribbean out of San Juan last October flying from LAX...flights worked out better for us flying into FLL (one carrier) a few pre-cruise days then a flight from FLL-SJU morning of cruise (another carrier)...just something to consider..The hotel prices are high in San Juan and the arrival times didn't work for us flying from the west coast...Will be doing the same May 2016. Enjoy what ever works for you.

Edited by Ashland

We flew a red eye out of Seattle on Friday @ 10p.m., connection in Charlette, NC, arrived in San Juan @ 11:30a.m. Sat. morning took taxi to ship .Made resy on American but they put us on US Air going over, then coming back American through Dallas, then Alaska to SEA, same day as we departed the ship.

I have to say OP that seems pretty reasonable. I also I've been researching that some flight (sea to SJU) for our cruise out of San Juan in September, and that seems to be on the lower end of a loaf prices I have looked at. So far, I've found booking directly through American Airlines to be the cheapest. I hope this helps a little :D

September 2013 I paid $550 RT trip Portland, OR to San Juan, PR. For my cruise in July 2015 I paid $700 RT. both trips on Jet Blue. For both cruises I am flying in a couple days early and staying in a hotel in Old San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm cruising in October 2015 from SJ. I'm wondering what are some good prices for flights? I would preferably want to take a red-eye on the way there. Right now those flights are around $550, good price or wait?

It helps to keep watch and wait. I am cruising with a few friends that same time of year from Phoenix & Vegas respectively and the cheapest round trips tickets I have found are $460. It has fluctuated over the last few weeks but I do expect it to drop down a bit of the next few weeks.

We are travelling in January from the west coast....have 12 people flying.... we got a price from United for $446 r/t through Cleveland (not thrilled about that in the middle of winter).... we just booked through CCL Fly Aweigh for $486 pp r/t. Well aware that some people have had problems, but with the guarantee, feel that the price is very reasonable. Since the fly aweigh always tries to fly you in embarkation date, from the west coast it's limited then to redeye flights arriving next day.

September 2013 I paid $550 RT trip Portland, OR to San Juan, PR. For my cruise in July 2015 I paid $700 RT. both trips on Jet Blue. For both cruises I am flying in a couple days early and staying in a hotel in Old San Juan.

Don't tell me you are going on the 7/5 sailing too....

I paid ~$600 Portland, OR to San Juan via Dallas on American. I would almost consider the drive from Portland to Seattle for a $500 flight.

• 5 weeks later...

We just booked our group of 8 from LAX to San Juan for less than $450 but this is NON-REFUNDABLE. I am not aware of any fares that are REFUNDABLE for $450. I'd like to know if there are.

Other rates we saw were $900

We just booked our group of 8 from LAX to San Juan for less than $450 but this is NON-REFUNDABLE. I am not aware of any fares that are REFUNDABLE for $450. I'd like to know if there are.

Other rates we saw were $900

Don't think so. We are a group of five ladies traveling from the Bay Area and have been in search of a reasonable price for our August cruise and kept waiting for a sale since March and now prices are still high at $700 or higher! Costing a few of them more for airfare than the cruise!!!