ship shuttle or super shuttle to Hobby

CalCruzers

Off the Magic on Feb 28 with a flight out of Hobby at 1:30. Anybody have any experience on the ships shuttle or super shuttle getting to Hobby airport? Second time on Carnival first time on Magic with a cove balcony hope we like it, Tim

We were on the Magic last April (also a cove, which is FANTASTIC!), and we took the Carnival shuttle to and from Hobby. On debark day, we were among the first off the ship, and we were at the airport by 9 AM. It's about an hour drive from the port to Hobby. Hope this helps.

Edited by zumbagirl78

we took the Carnival shuttle to and from Hobby

Ohhh...maybe you can tell me...We booked transfers from/to Hobby through Carnival. The Carnival rep wasn't much help (she said "I think it's a car service"). When you took the transfer from Hobby to the pier, was it a bus, mini van or car service? I ask because in NYC we got a mini van & convinced the driver to take us for water and wine on the way to the port. Everyone tipped extra well & our diver was a peach to do it.

Also, what was getting on the ship like for you using the transfers? Were the lines out of control by the time you got there?

Thanks in advance! :p