Transportation to Leith Port

shenner

We are booked on the July 18th cruise starting in Leith (British Open cruise). Azamarra will not provide us with transportation to the dock because we are coming in the day before the cruise starts. We will be staying at a hotel at the airport and need transportation to the port on July 18. Any recommendations or suggestions on just how we can get to the port? The company that Azamarra suggested cost $185!!

Any help will be appreciated!!:)

If you use the following link:

http://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/

with a starting point of Edinburgh Airport and destination post code EH6 7DN it comes up with a quote of £24

Probably just as easy to book a taxi on the day from your hotel which should come out about the same price

Even cheaper option would be the N22 bus.

Hi,

The hotel should be able to arrange a metered taxi for you which should be around £30. They may even have hotel transport.

You can get an airport bus to Edinburgh City centre, and there is also a brand new tram system to the city centre also, both every 10 minutes and about £4. From there you can change to a bus to Leith port, or take a short taxi ride.

Enjoy Edinburgh and Azamara. We join the Quest next month.

Which airport hotel?

If it is the Hilton Edinburgh Airport, the airport bus stops directly outside, however it will take you into the city centre via Glasgow Road, Haymarket etc to the terminus at Waverley Bridge and from there a taxi transfer to the port.

Going by taxi from the hotel, the route would be more direct as the taxi should take the Ferry Road option which runs towards Leith bypassing the city centre.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful information. If it is about the same price, we may just get a taxi from the hotel. (Holiday Inn Express) If need be, we could always shuttle back to the airport and get the transportation from there. I had no idea what the cost may be so your information is extremely helpful!:)

We are booked on the July 18th cruise starting in Leith (British Open cruise). Azamarra will not provide us with transportation to the dock because we are coming in the day before the cruise starts. We will be staying at a hotel at the airport and need transportation to the port on July 18. Any recommendations or suggestions on just how we can get to the port? The company that Azamarra suggested cost $185!!

Any help will be appreciated!!:)

Sorry but someone is having a laugh (not)

I am assuming you do not want to carry your luggage so whilst the public transport options are feasible, you will want I am sure to arrive at Leith in a little more comfort.

I am assuming you are staying at the Hilton at the Airport (or Holiday Inn Express or possibly the Marriott or the Norton). I often get cabs from there to my home and I can assure you I never pay more than $30. And...... I live about double the distance you would go so my guess is that for about £15 (c$25) you can get the hotel to get you a taxi to the port.

If you are having a problem, the two main cab firms are Citycabs (228 1211) and Central Taxis (229 2468) - you could even do your own online booking nearer the time with Central. I use both firms no problem at all