Port to IAH

Muffinhead

I have a 12:30pm flight scheduled to IAH-George Bush on the day of debarkation. I don't ever buy the cruise ship (in this case RCCL) transfers, but the cost is significantly less than if I chose a taxi or other means of transport. My main worry though is will I get to the airport on time? I'm a little nervous.

Thanks for your help in advance!

If you self disembark, and the buses are available, you may make it. We live about the same distance as a drive straight to IAH and we usually make it home about lunch time; assuming no fog delays. We assume about a 90 minute drive from the port to home.

Thank you for the input. RCCL advises not to book flights earlier than 12:30, so they must not feel it's an issue. Still, I am not a fan of ship transfers. At this point we've decided to either do a taxi or private transfer and self disembark and pay the extra cost. Just trying to figure out what time we would be off the ship and the price difference between the two. We've done the self disembark on past cruises, but at different ports we were more familiar with.

We just got off NOS yesterday. Best to do self assist. Customs is so unpredictable. Our disembarkation time was 930. Didn't get off the ship till 10 and was in customs for 1.5 hrs. For non-US citizens they only have 3-4 custom wickets open.

We are definitely going to self disembark and then catch a taxi. That way there is no sitting around if we get off too early and rushing if we get off too late. As long as there's a taxi waiting..... We leave on Sunday, so I'm not worried about fog. We are U.S. Citizens. Thanks every for the input.

The first transfer bus normally leaves the pier at 900a-915a and arrives at IAH at approx 1030am depending on traffic. 1230pm flight usually works out. If the ship comes in from Roatan and Belize allow extra 1/2 hour for customs and immigrations check.