11-12-15 Thursday Weigh In - The Holidays are Looming

shootr

Good morning everyone - yes, it's that day of the week again...

Time to climb on the scale and let reality smack us in the chops!

How's your fall going? Is it too cold to get out and move about?

Are the shorter days playing heck with your schedule?

Did you lose an hour from the clocks setting back (or is it forward - we non-conformist Arizonans don't partake in that malarkey :D)?

There is still time to dig in and prepare for the upcoming months - not like a bear prepping for winter, but more like a moth taking a break only to emerge later as a beautiful butterfly for all to admire!!! (I'm getting my visuals down pretty good, eh???)

Even if you don't post - check in and see what everyone else is doing - might be a motivating tidbit or two to push you along or inspire you to continue on.

At the very least, you will get a laugh on Sunday when I post my pics from the Wipeout 5K Fun Run this weekend! (In all my kilted glory!!!)

Take care all and have a great weekend and week!

Edited by shootr

Did very well myself this past week, down 2 to 176. My head is getting weird though - I'm trying to taper off and hang right here but exceeding the daily amount of food I've been eating these past months is really hard.

Either I'm full after eating the smaller portion, or feel guilty if I eat too many things I have been passing on in the recent past. Now it's apples, salads, chicken, (a few veggies), etc. - but can't bring myself to eat all the fries that come with a meal or eat/drink much of anything with sugar in it.

Did have some ice cream, whole grain pita chips, hummus, wheat flour tortillas, stuff like that - but in small portions instead of sitting in front of the TV with the whole bag.

The weather is still awesome here - it's in the 40's now in the morning, but with layers my bike rides are still enjoyable. That new bike is a magic carpet - pure relaxing meditation in the early dawn hours - I have to set an alarm to remember to turn for home during the week so I'm not late for work.

Took me a loooong time to find my groove but am so glad I finally did. My satisfaction comes from being fitter than the kids less than half my age. I look forward to making my future son-in-law puke again this weekend at the 5K from pushing him to exhaustion :D.

Hope to hear how everyone else is doing - take it easy.

Hi all!

shootr ~ thanks for starting the thread again. You're doing terrific with your weight, me not so much. Last week I was up 0.4 & this week up 0.2.

I wish we didn't "fall back" here as I hate it getting dark so early! One province doesn't partake in that malarkey either.;)

I think Belle comes back on Saturday so she should be back here for next weigh in but after such a long cruise wonder how much she's gained.

Good luck in the 5K & don't be too hard on the young'un.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello,

Thanks Shootr for the thread. Good loss. Good luck at the 5K. Will go great.

Jo, not such a bad gain.

I gained 1 lb. Hubby and I were so busy this week with dealing with his inventory so we ate out quite a bit. Oh well, some times that's the way it is.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Diana

If you're really, really bored...

cmHSvzV9gyc

Good thing I did this and got a 38 mile bike ride in - I ate like garbage this weekend. Hopefully it was enough to offset it somewhat.

Anybody else do anything foolish or spectacular?

Edited by shootr

Hi Shootr! I would totally do that if there was an event close to home!

I have had the flu since last Wednesday. It has been a rough week for me... no workouts, barely eating and lots of sleep.

I will be out of town the rest of the week so I will miss weigh in. good luck everyone!

Angele